• If you do not recieve your confirmation email within a few hours, please email haloutau@gmail.com with your username for manual validation. Your account should be activated within 24 hours.
    You may also reach out via any other listed contact on Admin Halo's about page: https://utaforum.net/members/halo.194/#about

difficulty switching from mac to windows utau

Runegod

Teto's Territory
ive always had a mac, but ive been wanting to get windows to run video games and other stuff that was windows-only for a while. i finally did this christmas, so i used boot camp to run a partition on my macbook

utau has been working fine, it took a while to get used to (and i s2g it plays off-key notes on some usts that were fine on my mac, but thats another issue) but the one problem is i cant seem to download the english patch because i cant find any of utau's program files. I searched arounf for a little bit and i think i figured it out : theres a C: windows location in my computer that should be there and hold program files, but instead, it's C: bootcamp, and i cant find any of utau's folders in there.

so i dont have access to the res folder i have to replace ( i think thats how its done?) or the voice folder for voicebanks

i tried the search option for files i know exist in the utau folder but i got no results.

anyone know what to do ?

ps : also ive been having trouble making a self installing voicebank, idk what im doing wrong but it wont work ...

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
UTAU versions 4.0 and up should already have an english translation. If it's not active you'll have to poke around a bit. Top menu (T) then option (O) and first tab, second sub-tab, last checkbox with the dropdown to select language.

(I personally use UTAU through Wine to make windows-compatible USTs/voicebanks and to use resamplers+plugins.)

Runegod

Teto's Territory
UTAU versions 4.0 and up should already have an english translation. If it's not active you'll have to poke around a bit. Top menu (T) then option (O) and first tab, second sub-tab, last checkbox with the dropdown to select language.

(I personally use UTAU through Wine to make windows-compatible USTs/voicebanks and to use resamplers+plugins.)

ah thank you !! i think i have an old version oops xD
honestly so far i prefer utau synth , probably just because im used to it

do you know by chance where i could find the voice folder ?? i cant seem to find that either

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
the voice folder is in the folder utau is installed (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\UTAU\)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you can't find it, you can always manually navigate to a voicebank in project properties.