Do I have to make all my samples the same note?

BrossBean

Momo's Minion
So I'm trying to make an UTAU of The Boyfriend from the Rythm game Friday Night Funkin' so that I can easily make custom songs.

I have 22 voice samples of him from the game, but all of them are different pitches. I've TRIED to find some way to get them to all be the same note, but my luck is running short here. I wanted to use FL Studio Newtone to just pitch correct them, but I don't exactly have $100 lying around to upgrade to the full version when I'm only gonna use it this once.

Will my UTAU sound terrible if I just use the samples as is, when they're all different notes? I know when recording your own UTAU, you need to sing at the same note for every syllable, but will it completely mess up how he hits the notes if I don't make sure they're all the same?

GeneralNuisance

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So I'm trying to make an UTAU of The Boyfriend from the Rythm game Friday Night Funkin' so that I can easily make custom songs.

I have 22 voice samples of him from the game, but all of them are different pitches. I've TRIED to find some way to get them to all be the same note, but my luck is running short here. I wanted to use FL Studio Newtone to just pitch correct them, but I don't exactly have $100 lying around to upgrade to the full version when I'm only gonna use it this once.

Will my UTAU sound terrible if I just use the samples as is, when they're all different notes? I know when recording your own UTAU, you need to sing at the same note for every syllable, but will it completely mess up how he hits the notes if I don't make sure they're all the same?
There is already a publicly available VB for the BF from FNF, distributed with NinjaMuffin's blessing:

BrossBean

Momo's Minion
There is already a publicly available VB for the BF from FNF, distributed with NinjaMuffin's blessing:

I'll still probably make my own, I'm not a huge fan of the way it sounds, and it has way too many syllables to keep track of and I just want super basic beep boops.
Thank you though, looking over that voice bank actually sort of answered my question, as none of the samples in there are the same note and it seems to work just fine.

Hana-chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It should be okay. Even when making my VBs I tried to make them all the same note, but somehow I still managed to slip up and end up going slightly higher than the first notes and I don't even know how! >.> And also one day I really wanna make a jinriki utau of Michael Jackson but when he was in the jackson 5 as I don't think anyone has done that yet (Not for release though)