Do you need FRT and FRQ files for your VB?

Aali

Ruko's Ruffians
I hope to start working on my private vbs soon and I was wondering if I need these files. If I do how do I create them?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
IIRC frt files are just for model4, but FRQs are used by the default resampler and a few others. In normal UTAU usage, these will generate during the rendering process. You don't NEED to have all of them, but if you do, it speeds up the rendering process later on.

Open the OTO window. Go to edit and select multi. Select all of the files and click the initialize button in the bottom left corner.
If you're on Mac, you can already select multiple samples, and just right click on any to generate your FRQs and SPEFs.

Aali

Ruko's Ruffians
IIRC frt files are just for model4, but FRQs are used by the default resampler and a few others. In normal UTAU usage, these will generate during the rendering process. You don't NEED to have all of them, but if you do, it speeds up the rendering process later on.

Open the OTO window. Go to edit and select multi. Select all of the files and click the initialize button in the bottom left corner.
If you're on Mac, you can already select multiple samples, and just right click on any to generate your FRQs and SPEFs.

Thank you~! I plan to pay someone to oto these for me, so it's good to know I don't need these when I give them the recordings

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If it's just between people privately like you're planning, not at all. But for the final release I say it's a must. Not only do most resamplers use FRQ files, but there are two problems if you don't include them: the person using the bank is inconveninced by not being able to instantly use the bank and has to wait for it to be ready, and two is that the FRQs the person generates have a rare chance to be buggy. If you already made all your FRQs and fixed any buggy ones then it's perfect and ready to go. Just delete any other resampler files like .star, .pmk, etc.

Reactions: ✧ Elfrida ✧