Does my UTAU's voice sound off?

galaxy butterfly555

Teto's Territory
Last week, I started the process of recreating my UTAU; Kiyoko. Right now, they have no design, no name, nothing, just a voice.

I went back to the basics and rerecorded a basic Japanese CV voicebank. I asked my friends (they don't really use the program or listen to UTAU/VOCALOID) what they thought and they said it sounded weird and the tuning was off (I tuned the UST, first time ever, too. Bad idea lol) Here is the cover made with the first attempt:

I then rerecorded and realized what I was doing wrong the whole time (even with my old voice banks from before) I was "talking" my voice samples and not "singing" them. So, I sang them. I sent a newer cover to my friends and while they liked the music, they didn't think the voice sounded right. I didn't tune the ust, just edit a few parts (most of it was already tuned)

I just posted this, it's vocals only of the new voicebank

How does it sound? Am I doing anything wrong and what can I do to fix any mistakes?

Z

Zansatsu

I think they sound fine personally! It might just be that the voice doesn't fit the genre with the songs you chose. The voice sounds kind of soft and quiet sounding if I had to describe it, so maybe try finding a song that's more calm or gentle sounding and see how it sounds and fits.
But again I personally think they sound fine! ^^

galaxy butterfly555

Teto's Territory
I think they sound fine personally! It might just be that the voice doesn't fit the genre with the songs you chose. The voice sounds kind of soft and quiet sounding if I had to describe it, so maybe try finding a song that's more calm or gentle sounding and see how it sounds and fits.
But again I personally think they sound fine! ^^

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you, I appreciate it!