Does she sound like Tei?

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
This is my UTAU, Mebanane Coda! I noticed from the very moment I started recording her voice samples that she sounded very similar to Sukone Tei. It's kinda cool, since I couldn't use Tei for the longest time due to configuration problems, instead I would use Coda.

So this is quite simple what I m asking you, does she sound like Sukone Tei? Of course, she is going to pronounce certain sounds differently.

Comments regarding her design: I based it off of the stereotypical VIPPALOID and Crypton Vocaloid design and added my own style :3

Some(2) Vocaloid Songs

Obakebaka

Momo's Minion
Actually I'd say that voice sounds a lot CLEARER than Tei.

There's a version of Eternal force blizzard where Tei sings so I suggest you compare them side by side and hear for yourself.

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Obakebaka link said:

There's a version of Eternal force blizzard where Tei sings so I suggest you compare them side by side and hear for yourself.
I have heard it and realized that compared to Tei's smooth sound, Coda has an ear-splitting high pitched voice.
And she sound clearer than Tei? What? :3

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
PikaPokket link said:
[quote author=Obakebaka link=topic=3631.msg26455#msg26455 date=1349066617]

I have heard it and realized that compared to Tei's smooth sound, Coda has an ear-splitting high pitched voice.
[/quote]
Yeah, she definitely sounds clearer than Tei. You should just edit her OTO a bit... Then she won't be "ear-splitting"

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Lemondolly link said:
[quote author=PikaPokket link=topic=3631.msg26478#msg26478 date=1349116868]

[/quote]
Yeah, she definitely sounds clearer than Tei. You should just edit her OTO a bit... Then she won't be "ear-splitting"
[/quote]
Please define "clearer"? Also, I'm working on her oto now, so hopefully she'll sound better ^^;

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
PikaPokket link said:
[quote author=Lemondolly link=topic=3631.msg26505#msg26505 date=1349132444]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Please define "clearer"? Also, I'm working on her oto now, so hopefully she'll sound better ^^;
[/quote]
Less static than Tei. You used a really good mic ^^

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Lemondolly link said:
[quote author=PikaPokket link=topic=3631.msg26510#msg26510 date=1349133598]
[quote author=Lemondolly link=topic=3631.msg26505#msg26505 date=1349132444]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Less static than Tei. You used a really good mic ^^
[/quote]
Thank you I think? :3? I used an old computer mic I found from when I was like 7 so it looked ridiculous and sadly broke soon after I recorded her TT.TT That actually kinda goes to show that your mic doesn't need to be new or fancy to get a good sound XD

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well I just used a regular 15 dollar mic and I see other people going out for 30-100 dollar mics and get worse results... but I guess it really depends on you environment ^^"

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Lemondolly link said:
Well I just used a regular 15 dollar mic and I see other people going out for 30-100 dollar mics and get worse results... but I guess it really depends on you environment ^^\"
$15? Wow! I had to buy another one for $30 and the quality is nowhere near as good as my old one! I would say that any microphone you buy is pretty good, but the ones built into the older laptops are GOD AWFUL O.Q That's what I was forced to use initially so you listen to the comparison and you'd be like "O3O!!! Is that even the same voice provider???!!?!" I was planning to post that soon anyways XD

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well I think mine is really good. I want to get a clearer one just for singing and stuff but I need to look into it still ^^"

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Lemondolly link said:
Well I think mine is really good. I want to get a clearer one just for singing and stuff but I need to look into it still ^^\"
Go for it!! :D However, you probably wouldn't want a microsoft lifechat 3000(which is what I'm using now) because it's kinda like a low quality xbox mic, and tends to flare up on syllables like "fa" and "wa" and "sa" and "pa" ^^

Obakebaka

Momo's Minion
A pop filter will minimalise that. You can made your own but I bought one a few months ago. Still haven't been able to use it for my utau yet but I've done some tests with it and it makes a HUGE difference in both singing and spoken recordings.

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Obakebaka link said:
A pop filter will minimalise that. You can made your own but I bought one a few months ago. Still haven't been able to use it for my utau yet but I've done some tests with it and it makes a HUGE difference in both singing and spoken recordings.
Pop filter? I don't know what is that!!! >.< but I assume that with that it helps with all the BBBBSSHSHSHSSHSTSSHSTSSHS that is picked up by microphone?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
You know when oh say "pa" into a mic you hear that "whoosh" sound? A pop filter blocks the extra air. It's something you attach to the mic that goes between it and your mouth.

Obakebaka

Momo's Minion
Something else I've noticed... Either it's the ust or there's been a small mistake in the aliasing process, but in Eternal Force Blizzard it seems that the "wa" and "ha" sounds are being confused for each other!

PikaPokket

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Obakebaka link said:
Something else I've noticed... Either it's the ust or there's been a small mistake in the aliasing process, but in Eternal Force Blizzard it seems that the \"wa\" and \"ha\" sounds are being confused for each other!
Well umm I thought it was supposed to be like that O.O I saw it in the UST and assumed the maker knew what they were doing, because when it comes to the line "tsubasa wa" it was written as "tsubasa ha" , then again, it was a romaji translation of the UST.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
That could be it. Wa is written as ha (は) when used as a particle.