Does UTAU work with windows 8?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well, I need a new laptop, and as it seems, I'm probably going to have to get windows 8. Unfortunately for me, that means my V1 vocaloids will not work, but there's nothing I can do about that... But I want to know; does UTAU work *exactly* the same on it like it would on a windows 7 computer?

Olivia

Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Aw, man, sorry about your V1 Vocaloids. :/ Are you sure there's no way to get them to work? That really sucks.
And also, yep, UTAU works fine. I use Windows 8. ^_^ I've had it for a few months and haven't noticed any differences.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
From what I've been hearing, they won't work on 8 (some say windows 7 doesn't work either, but they worked okay for me save for some minor bugs). But I'm definitely going to try it. I may be pleasantly surprised. :3

Ahh, that's good, I'm relieved. If I had to give up UTAU I would go out of my way to buy computer preloaded with win 7. Or at least the software to downgrade to.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
^ I'll definitely try. I'm not going to insult you, don't worry. ^^

Well, I got my laptop last night and I'm glad that UTAU seems to be running now (although I had to battle some missing DLL errors and that was a pain :T).

However, when I draw in a new note, it shows mojibake. But the weird part is, defoko still says the note. Then when I double click to edit the lyrics, it turns back into あ. Upon hitting enter again or clicking away, the あ turns back into mojibake. I have no idea what's causing this, since I changed my locale immediately upon setting up the computer.

Oh, and all the banks I've downloaded have mojibake aliases as well...

Angel

Momo's Minion
Ant said:
^ I'll definitely try. I'm not going to insult you, don't worry. ^^

Well, I got my laptop last night and I'm glad that UTAU seems to be running now (although I had to battle some missing DLL errors and that was a pain :T).

However, when I draw in a new note, it shows mojibake. But the weird part is, defoko still says the note. Then when I double click to edit the lyrics, it turns back into あ. Upon hitting enter again or clicking away, the あ turns back into mojibake. I have no idea what's causing this, since I changed my locale immediately upon setting up the computer.

Oh, and all the banks I've downloaded have mojibake aliases as well...

Have you installed Japanese as a language pack?
I hope this fixes it, I use Windows 8 and have no encounter with mojibake.