Resource icon

Easy English CVVC ARPABET / X-SAMPA Reclist 88 Lines 4 Moras 3.2

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thehyami submitted a new resource:

Easy English CVVC Reclist 96 Lines 4 Moras - Easy English CVVC Reclist 96 Lines 4 Moras

This is my reclist based on the Delta reclist, but even more compressed. It uses X-SAMPA.

Record each line in one breath and string them together. For example, read "a-la-ma-na" as "allammanna", and "a-ha-ja-ka" as "ahhajjakka". This way you can oto the VC too.

VOWELS:

Click the example to hear a sound example.
Examples are provided by...

Read more about this resource...

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Okay so I love that this is based on Delta's reclist and uses X-Sampa, and that you linked audio samples for the vowels. Since it's meant to be easy, I can understand cutting out diphthong vowels since you can fake them with crossfades between the different parts of the vowel. I would recommend having consonants at the end of each string/some strings so you can have a proper transition from a given consonant to silence, as well as using these as standalone consonants so you can deal with things like consonant clusters a bit more easily.

Reactions: Big_B

Thehyami

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Okay so I love that this is based on Delta's reclist and uses X-Sampa, and that you linked audio samples for the vowels. Since it's meant to be easy, I can understand cutting out diphthong vowels since you can fake them with crossfades between the different parts of the vowel. I would recommend having consonants at the end of each string/some strings so you can have a proper transition from a given consonant to silence, as well as using these as standalone consonants so you can deal with things like consonant clusters a bit more easily.

Thank you so much Vibonnie!
I was thinking about adding C- too, but then I found a work around. It is not as great as actually having the samples, but it sounds pretty good to me. I challenge myself to create a voicebank with as little recordings as possible. If I'm going to add another line, I'll probably release another reclist.

Right now I'm looking for a male voice provider who is willing to try this reclist, and then I'll post an example of the results and the UST here. :smile:

Reactions: vlbonnie and Big_B