English/Japanese Voicebank and custom sounds

TrikiNya

Teto's Territory
I was wondering if I could make an English/Japanese voicebank that has English and Japanese audio data in the same folder. I was also wondering if I could put custom sounds like whistling, breaths, etc. Will that mess up the voicebank?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The easiest way to combine English and Japanese is to encode the Japanese portion of the voicebank in strictly Hiragana, and the English portion in whatever phonetic system you prefer. Unfortunately, you may encounter trouble with Japanese CVVC, since some of the aliases like [a k] may overlap with English samples. CV and VCV are safer choices if you're not sure about your English reclist.

For most English reclists, you should have no problem with including extras. However, if you intend to use Arpasing, and maintain compatibility with the Arpasing Assistant plugin, you need to put ALL non-Arpasing samples into sub-folders. For example, this is what it may look like.
Code:
UTAU
    voice
        your voicebank
            Japanese
                oto.ini
                かかきかくけか.wav
                ききくかけきけ.wav
                etc.
            Extra samples
                breath.wav
            readme.txt
            oto.ini
            index.csv
            00000.wav
            00001.wav
            etc

TrikiNya

Teto's Territory
Code:
UTAU
voice
your voicebank
Japanese
oto.ini
かかきかくけか.wav
ききくかけきけ.wav
etc.
Extra samples
breath.wav
readme.txt
oto.ini
index.csv
00000.wav
00001.wav
etc
Is this a "code" code or just a diagram for the folders? Also, I was asking if I could have English and Japanese samples in the same Folder as in
HTML:
amalgatoo
あ.wav
-kla.wav

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That is meant to be a folder diagram. There were originally folder emoji in there as well, but it appears that the forum software deletes emojis from your posts.
And yes, you can have english and japanese in the exact same folder, if you are using an English method other than Arpasing. Sorting them into different folders does make it more organized though, such as with Kasane Teto's voicebanks. If you install all of her voicebanks by the recommended method, they should combine into a single voicebank with separate folders for regular VCV, soft, powerful, and English. When you use Teto you are able to use any sample from any of those folders at the same time.