Resource icon

English OREMO for macOS 2.0 b110812 p1 (UF200428)

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kiyoteru submitted a new resource:

English OREMO for macOS - Mac native OREMO in English

This version of OREMO is the latest Mac native version. The Japanese app came from the official release page here.
https://ja.osdn.net/users/nwp8861/pf/OREMO/wiki/FrontPage

If you open the app and the file paths for the reclist, folder, etc. are extremely long and look messed up, it's because of a new security feature in Sierra. Move the folder anywhere outside of Downloads.

I've left all the settings at default, so you will have to change the colors yourself and download your...

Read more about this resource...

themadprogramer

Momo's Minion
Hey, the download disk image keeps giving an error:
OREMO-ERROR.png

themadprogramer

Momo's Minion
Hate to be a rude bumper but somehow the OREMO fails to see the folder its in. (Substituting a broken default value) Also doesn't like any folders with spaces in their names. I can change it in most cases but I was unable to get the Guided BGM working and I think it might have something to do with it.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you open the app and the file paths for the reclist, folder, etc. are extremely long and look messed up, it's because of a new security feature in Sierra. Move the folder anywhere outside of Downloads.
If that doesn't work, open Terminal, and type this in.
Code:
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine path/to/oremo-mac-2.0-b110812-p1/oremo.app

themadprogramer

Momo's Minion
Thanks, that solved all but one problem:

Also doesn't like any folders with spaces in their names.

Basically any time oremo needs to use a file with a folder with spaces in the path it'll spurt out an error and cancel the operation entirely. The worst case of this is that it won't let you change the selected directory if it includes spaces unless you restart Oremo.

For now adding dashes or whatever is a good solution, but I'd suggest you add that as a known bug until you can find the time to fix it.

Major respect man you can't believe how grateful I am for this port you've made :shades:

themadprogramer

Momo's Minion
Another bug I happened to discover is that GuideBGM won't always let you record.

The first time you try to record it'll fail (BGM will play, but your sound won't be recorded and the UI won't update)
The second time you get the following error:

Error: AudioDeviceAddIOProc failed
Code:
AudioDeviceAddIOProc failed
AudioDeviceAddIOProc failed
    while executing
"snd play -start $start -end $end -command {
      set v(playStatus) 0       ;# 再生終了したときの処理
      set v(msg) $t(togglePlay,stopMs..."
    invoked from within
"if $v(playStatus) {
    snd stop
    set v(playStatus) 0
    set v(msg) $t(togglePlay,stopMsg)
    if {$::tcl_platform(os) == "Darwin"} {
      .recin..."
    (procedure "togglePlay" line 6)
    invoked from within
"togglePlay"
    invoked from within
".recinfo.b.play invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 23)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .recinfo.b.play"
    (command bound to event)

But I guess third time's the charm, the audio might glitch a bit but it records just fine. The good news is that if you chose mode 2 once you get the recording button you won't have to repeat these 3 steps over and over again, assuming that your concentration doesn't get messed up.

Edit: Okay I think it's not necessarily 3 tries. I find that starting the first recording halfway gives the best consistently. What is for certain though is that errors after the warning message definitely work.

Edit: (Regarding above post) Files with parentheses seem to also upset Oremo, go figure

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Unfortunately, I am not the developer of OREMO. The only thing I did was take the existing Japanese-language Mac port, and edit the language files so that the program would display English text instead. You will have to contact nwp8861 about fixing the functionality of the software itself.

Reactions: themadprogramer

etherealfrost

Teto's Territory
Hello, I downloaded the latest dmg file from April 2020, but it says that it isn't compatible with the latest version of MacOS.
("The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.")

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The original Japanese-language app was last updated in 2016, and I have no control over the original codebase and its compatibility with future versions of MacOS. You will need to contact nwp8861, not me.