English VCV Reclist

Gabinstuff

Teto's Territory
    Okay, so I made this reclist and stuff and thought it might be worth mentioning here, so yeah. Anyone dare to record? Lol, it's only around 2,000 long, it ain't that bad!

You can download it from here- http://omaibagawsh.blogspot.com/2013/01/english-vcv-reclist-download.html?m=0

I'm sure someone has done this before, but... yeah. Tell me what you think... unless it has to do with the fact that I strung it funky. I already know that lol.

Have a nice day :smile:

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
1. Do you have an example bank using this reclist?
2. Do you have a pre-aliased oto with pre-determined overlap and consonant?

If you have those I would love to record it.

OctoberFlash

Momo's Minion
Meta link said:
1. Do you have an example bank using this reclist?
2. Do you have a pre-aliased oto with pre-determined overlap and consonant?

If you have those I would love to record it.

^ Same, I'll give it a try if I can hear an example :smile:

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
With this list, what do you do about consonant clusters?

Other than that, it seems decent enough if you have the patience to record (and oto, mostly oto) something like this.  I might advocate adding a few vowels but that would only make it worse...

Gabinstuff

Teto's Territory
I plan on recording and otoing it and I know I have the time to record and oto, but it's gonna take me a while, but I'll get to working on it sometime around the end of the month once I have a better microphone!

As for the consonant clusters... I definitely didn't make this without keeping stuff like that in mind, which is why I did a test to see if there was a way to make it work without having to record them just because it would be... this reclist would scare me away if I included them in it lol! My idea is that if it's adjusted a certain way, it should sound pretty natural... or at least understandable. With the test I did on it, it works pretty well. I pretty much tried to see if I could make a few different banks say the words "act" and "ask", which kinds of banks said which word better, the difference in banks that can say a certain word well and those that can't. I checked for stuff like that. I chose those words for specific reasons (that are very difficult to explain) and I've looked into finding more words to test this on because using only two words is like... probably proving only a part of this will work. But so far, I think I got a good amount of it covered...
Or at least some, that counts for something!
I'll get some audio up of that test soon!

I'm sorry I talk so much... I just love talking about these things :smile:

I'm also sorry if this made absolutely no sense.  I'm tired, which is probably a horrible excuse lol...

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Gabinstuff link said:
I plan on recording and otoing it and I know I have the time to record and oto, but it's gonna take me a while, but I'll get to working on it sometime around the end of the month once I have a better microphone!

As for the consonant clusters... I definitely didn't make this without keeping stuff like that in mind, which is why I did a test to see if there was a way to make it work without having to record them just because it would be... this reclist would scare me away if I included them in it lol! My idea is that if it's adjusted a certain way, it should sound pretty natural... or at least understandable. With the test I did on it, it works pretty well. I pretty much tried to see if I could make a few different banks say the words \"act\" and \"ask\", which kinds of banks said which word better, the difference in banks that can say a certain word well and those that can't. I checked for stuff like that. I chose those words for specific reasons (that are very difficult to explain) and I've looked into finding more words to test this on because using only two words is like... probably proving only a part of this will work. But so far, I think I got a good amount of it covered...
Or at least some, that counts for something!
I'll get some audio up of that test soon!

I'm sorry I talk so much... I just love talking about these things :smile:

I'm also sorry if this made absolutely no sense.  I'm tired, which is probably a horrible excuse lol...
I understand that you've tested it, but I actually meant how does it work.  Like, could you tell me how it works rather than just telling me that it does?  I'm curious as to what you mean by adjusting it and the like.  Also, what about beginning clusters (CCV) and clusters that end in a soft (rather than hard) consonant?  Such as "ax" (aks) or similar. Do those sound natural as well?

Pardon my questioning, I'm really more curious than anything.  I've recorded a voicebank much like this one (as an add-on to a CV VC bank), and I don't think I will again for various reasons.

Gabinstuff

Teto's Territory
Sorry, I get what you mean now. I think I need to add more to this reclist... I'll keep working on it. I'm not really sure how to explain how it'll work, but like in the word act, you'd shorten and envelope it to where only the consonants are audible and kind of move them around until they sound right. For ask, kinda like "a" "a s" "k". For something like ax, that's the part I knew I was going to forget lol...
Thank you so much for mentioning that, I'd probably never notice if you didn't!
It was supposed to be like to do ax, something along the lines of "a" "k s".
And then with beginning clusters, kind of the same sort of things... I'm gonna make up a word...
"t s" "sa"
Or something like this...
"s" "ta"

Please tell me if you think I should add anything else, I really suck at this lol...