na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Without reading all the past posts:

The reclist and oto matter but so does the recordings.
People simply just don't know how to record English correctly most of the time, with issues like overemphasized "3" sounds and even trying to record it like Japanese banks. Which kills the pronunciation and understandability.
It's just something so many people have skimped on.
Not only that but I feel lists like VCCV™ constrains recording way too much where it is not natural. The VC sounds all wrong and overly stressed. Consonants are way too fast and it sounds clearly forced and artificial.

I'm actually working on a dialect-universal English list as part of a larger series that's meant to have clear instructions on how to actually adapt your pronunciation while still being easy to use but that's still somewhat early. (I have some tests posted round but I won't link them because self advertising like this is rude as it is.)
we need more team members to be able to pull this off probably be we work with what we can get...

All in all I think Utau English has been very stagnant for an exceedingly long time. All we have had is hype with absolutely nothing delivering. At least not since Delta.

Last edited:

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Without reading all the past posts:

The reclist and oto matter but so does the recordings.
People simply just don't know how to record English correctly most of the time, with issues like overemphasized "3" sounds and even trying to record it like Japanese banks. Which kills the pronunciation and understandability.
It's just something so many people have skimped on.
Not only that but I feel lists like VCCV™ constrains recording way too much where it is not natural. The VC sounds all wrong and overly stressed. Consonants are way too fast and it sounds clearly forced and artificial.

I'm actually working on a dialect-universal English list as part of a larger series that's meant to have clear instructions on how to actually adapt your pronunciation while still being easy to use but that's still somewhat early. (I have some tests posted round but I won't link them because self advertising like this is rude as it is.)
we need more team members to be able to pull this off probably be we work with what we can get...

All in all I think Utau English has been very stagnant for an exceedingly long time. All we have had is hype with absolutely nothing delivering. At least not since Delta.
Agree with like all of this 100%. Also, if you want help with your English project, I'd love to help you! ouob
[doublepost=1460642762][/doublepost]
I'm not sure if I've said this, but there will never, ever be a "standard" English lidmst because of accents and dialects.

That being said, your points on want makes VCCV better is.... flawed. For one thing, in many VCCV banks the CC and VC can be choppy because they're not oto'd correctly.
//continues to slow clap