Esperanto Club

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
2000px-Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png

Esperanto is a constructed language created in 1887 by LL Zamenhof as an international second language for worldwide communication. It hasn't caught on as much as people hoped, but it is the most well known and popular of auxillary constructed languages.

As an auxlang, it is incredibly simple compared to natural languages and easier to learn. It also has the bonus of being easier to recreate with Japanese voicebanks than English...

I've bolded my top resource recommendations!

Code:
[url=http://utaforum.net/threads/esperanto-club.11130/][img]http://i.imgur.com/RLwDuYu.png[/img][/url]

Terindie
Adlez27
bio
unknownLinguist

Ni rajtas paroli Esperanton en ĉi tiu fadeno. Bonvolu traduki pro personoj ke ne povas paroli esperanton.
We can speak Esperanto in this thread. For people that can't speak Esperanto, please translate.

Also, share any Esperanto vocalsynth stuff you find!

Skype Group: http://join.skype.com/GiDRbccTyLkT

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomato Hentai

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For my speech assignment in English class, I'll be advocating for Esperanto to be taught in schools. (Since it's not like it'll bring quick change, it's more just to make my classmates aware.)

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
La Knabo and knabino
La knabo kaj knabino estas amikoj. La Knabino sxatas la germana knabo. La knabino estas italian.
Sxi parloes Angla lingvo, italan lingvo, kaj germana iomete. Li paroles germana kaj iomete italan.
Oni nokto
Ili trinkas granda glaso vino kaj mangxas pano.
La knabo iras kisas la knabino.
La kinabino kisas lin.
Ili kisas en la parko.
Poste ke nokto, ili falas dormon
I edited this...this is more and better than what i worte down.

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You said you were ok with a little correction so I'll do what I can.

La knabino estas italian --> La knabino estas Italo
With "estas" you don't need the accusative -n
Also, Italy is in the category of countries whose names are considered to have derived from the people, so Italian people are "Italo" and the Italian country is "Italio". "itala" is an adjective for describing other things as having come from the italian people, such as the language.

parloes --> parolas

"angla lingvo" etc is usually shortened to "la angla". Since you used "parolas" they each need to have the accusative. (Also, most people put adjectives/adverbs before the thing they're describing, but word order doesn't matter as much as english)

I think what you're trying to say with "oni nokto" is "one night". To mean the number 1 you could say "Unu nokto", so it's one night as opposed to five nights or something. But that's not what's implied in the english phrase "one night".... Maybe "iam nokto"? "iam" is sometime, so it might be correct.

iras kisas --> iras kisi
When you're using two verbs together the second should be infinitive..

Poste ke nokto --> Pli poste tiu nokto
Esperanto has two "that"s, which is lovely because english has stupid sentences like "I saw that that was on the table". In esperanto such a sentence would be something "Mi vidis ke tio estis sur la tablo". Tio/tiu points to specific objects, while "ke" is a sentence thingy...

ili falas dormon --> ili dormas
I'm pretty sure that "fali" means to fall in the literal sense, so just to be safe, this could just be written as "They sleep"

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@MinnaUta @KaylaTheOtaku
You two mentioned being interested in esperanto in the chat, so I thought that I might tag you here so that you could check out this thread?

Also, anyone here who's using duolingo, we could add each other! Same username there as here.

Reactions: Kale and Nanika

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
AAAAAA MI ESTAS TREEEEEEEEE FELIĈA!!!! ESPERANTA EDM EKZISTAS!!!
AAAAAA I'M SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!! ESPERANTO EDM EXISTS!!!
http://zofenham.bandcamp.com/ (pardonu min, ne havas voĉajn sintezilojn...) (forgive me, it doesn't have vocal synths)

Also, I'm thinking of starting up a study group on skype for vocalsynthers to learn esperanto together!! If you're interested, let me know!

unknownLinguist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Bonvolu, Ĉu mi povas aliĝi vin!?? MI AMAS ESPERANTON!! Mi rapide tralegas lecionojn sur Duolingo:love::cry::sing::wink:
pls an I join you!?? I lOVE ESPERANTO/// I am blazing through lessons on duolingo rn

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
BONVENON!! ALIA ESPERANTISTO!
WELCOME!! ANOTHER ESPERANTIST!

Ho, antaux du tagoj mi faris kanton por naskigxtago de Gakupo, kaj iom da lirikoj estas en esperanto.
Oh, two days ago I did a song for Gakupo's birthday, and some of the lyrics are in esperanto.

unknownLinguist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
VI TRE MOJASAS!!!!!!!!:holy:Tiu ĉi kanto estas bonega,,, mi ne sciis ke Gakupo povas paroli Esperanton!
ur cool!! This song is awesome,,, i did not know that gakupo can speak Esperanto!

mi pensas ke iam mi aŭdis Miku-on kantas en Esperanto...
I think i once heard Miku sing in esperanto...

Reactions: Kiyoteru

unknownLinguist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Mojasas! Mi ne vidis tiun ĉi animeon, eble mi devus regardi ĝin..
That's cool! I haven't seen this anime, maybe I should watch it..

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Mi ĝisdatigis la risurcojn en la originalan afiŝon.
I've updated the resources in the original post.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I want to clarify that I will now officially consider myself an ex-esperantist, and will no longer be supporting the Esperanto movement.
Mi kabeas.

This may be temporary, or this may be permanent. All of my Esperanto projects will be put on pause. These include:
  • UTAU interface translation
  • Full reclist
  • Vocaloid subtitle channel
  • ASMR channel (Cancelled, actually! I'll never make another ASMR video again!)
  • Various website translations
If anyone is honestly interested in picking these projects up, feel free to message me about them. I'll probably still idly add Esperanto samples to my voicebanks, and release some Esperanto songs, but I'm tired of working my ass off for major projects for a community that essentially doesn't exist. I've even deleted my Esperanto twitter account. If there's ever a significant population of Esperantists who actually use vocal synths, and don't just listen to the occasional Miku song, maybe I'll come back.

It's more important for me to learn Japanese and Tagalog, honestly. I don't have infinite energy.