Excited for June UTAU Project~ (deciding on mic)

TakeruInudo

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So I'm planning out a special UTAU Project this month since I may be getting a new microphone. YAAAAAAAAAAY!~~

So I've been working with a Samson C01U for a few years now. Now don't get me wrong, this microphone is great for starting out & it was still cost friendly (The microphone it's self is $50-$60 right now because it's an old model ((When I first got it in a bundle it was around $100)).

Now my birthday is coming up & my fiance's boss just called him for a all day/night work (He is a DJ & has several gigs to cover in the span of 2 days which literally spans for all day & night with just a few hours in between each gig). So with this many gigs in a very short period I'll more than likely finally get to buy the new microphone I've been wanting.

Now I know a lot of people usually encourage both the Blue Yeti but I was thinking of going with the Audio Technica 2035 microphone instead. I've listened to some videos that compare the two but none compare them in a raw recording, both were always mixed afterwards so I really couldn't tell them much apart. At the same time they are both pretty similar in price but I was still leaning more towards the AT 2035. My other reason is that I've heard/read that the Yeti still picks up quite a bit of background noise & I really don't want a mic that does that. I have very noisy neighbors up stairs & most times even a few bedrooms apart I can still hear my Fiance snoring so I really don't want all of that to get picked up.

So if you used both or either or could you tell me your experience with both mics & maybe have some sample recordings? That would really be great!

Now for the detail in my Project (I really need to stop making such huge posts like these 0.0 )
Now most utauloids are usually either 'human' or 'furry' (there is nothing wrong with that though), but for my project I was thinking of spicing things up by adding more 'fantasy' & 'supernatural' characters for utauloids. At the same time I am hoping to occasionally make short comic strips of each character/utauloid either of just themselves or together & hope to make short animations of them too.

The first 5 utauloids/characters I make with my new mic will all be Werecats (When I mean where cats I don't mean human->anthro I mean human->animal species ((human->panther)). They can either focus on one type or they can be mixed breeds of 2-3 species.

I know this project will take some time but I'm going to work really hard at it & not give up so easily like my past projects.

If anyone is interested in helping me with this project that would be most appreciated. :smile:

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I would avoid the Blue Yeti. I'd bet the AT will have better overall sound quality, although some say that they aren't built the strongest.

Reactions: TakeruInudo

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I suggest the Nady USB-1Cx it's pretty good. It works fine and in the correct conditions, your samples are clear and
clean though you might wanna get a usb hub(I think that's the name) i heard that helps make the samples cleaner.
The price is around $90~$99. But it's worth it. Just know it doesn't come with a stand and you might have to buy that separately.

But if you want a better microphone recommendation I would ask caustic. They know a lot about mics.

Reactions: TakeruInudo