'Failed to generate wav file' error (RESOLVED)

UTAUKimi-Yamamoto

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Okay I downloaded a UST and for some reason every time I try to render a wav file it gives me the error message "Failed to generate wav file, please check the settings"

I don't understand why it's doing this because there appears to be nothing wrong with the UST and I fixed all the notes with the [!] above them. I've done pretty much everything I could think of and it still won't work. Can somebody give me an answer to this problem?

Temporal Lizardo

Teto's Territory
Try going through the UST and rendering it bit by bit to see if there's a particular error where it stumbles upon, maybe a problematic note.
If you can't get it to render anything, try using another voicebank.
Finally, if you can't get anything to render with any voicebank, you might have accidentally moved resampler.exe (or whatever one you're using) into another folder, or the UST is somehow corrupt.

I used to get this error quite frequently, and for me, it usually meant one of the following:
1. My locale was set to the wrong language
2. I got really mixed up and was trying to put a romaji CV UST through Ritsu's hiragana VCV voicebank
3. One single, evil, problematic note
4. I moved the resampler to another folder/I didn't select an actual resampler/I somehow thought a ZIP file was a resampler

UTAUKimi-Yamamoto

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I've tried using another VB to render another UST that's part of the song and it still didn't work. Also, I don't think I moved my resampler. It's in the same folder it's always been. But whenever that little black screen comes up it says 'System could not find the path specified' at the top and then goes through all the notes acting like it's gonna render. I don't touch my locale settings so that's not it. The UST is CV using a CV bank.

Also whenever I open the UST and after I select my VB I get this 'voice set report' thing that says some stuff in Japanese about 4 of my sound samples. I tried editing the otos on them because I thought that was the problem but it didn't do anything.

Baka94

Ruko's Ruffians
Every time I run into this issue I just put Audacity recording directly from sound card (stereo mix) and then play the UST instead of rendering it. It gives you the same quality or better depending on Audacity's settings.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Have you tried playing the ust and using 'Save Last Play As...'? It will save your last play as temp.wav but you can change the file name to the title you need. Check the project properties to make sure the path isn't something like [$HOME] etc. etc. or otherwise a destination that wouldn't be on a windows system. Check the directory you're saving the wav to as well and make sure that .dat or .whd files aren't there from the last failed attempt to render. That prevents rendering as well.

Reactions: ΑKYLAS

Baka94

Ruko's Ruffians
Check the directory you're saving the wav to as well and make sure that .dat or .whd files aren't there from the last failed attempt to render. That prevents rendering as well.

I didn't know that can be the cause too. Another thing can also be the tempo. When some people release UST files, they set the tempo to 50000 BPM or something. That's way too high value for UTAU to handle, which causes the rendering and wav generation fail. Setting the correct tempo fixes this.

UTAUKimi-Yamamoto

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
HA! I got it to work finally! All I had to do was render it to a different file because for some reason it wouldn't render to the UST file!

GAH! UTAU IS GARBAGE SOMETIMES! :cry: Thanks you guys for your help!