Inactive Offering PayPal $$$ for UTAU Assistant

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So, being in college and working full time, I have very little time to work with UTAU. I always have ideas, experiements I want to do, voicebanks I want to tweak, but I shelve them since I have no time. Add in that since I'm Mac only right now and UTAU-Synth should never be used to make an UTAU, and the end result is that I can't do anything.

So, here's where you come in!

I'm willing to pay money to whoever can fulfill my criteria and help me out with making my UTAU voicebanks. I like making USTs better anyways. Whether it be through Paypal transfers, Deviantart points, the occassional Amazon purchase sent your way, or whatever alternative you can think of, I can do it.

I have yet to actually decide pricing, we can haggle it out if you like. If anyone dropping by has ideas drop those too please.

Some of these things are a matter of laziness/it's the most irritating thing about making an UTAU to me, like point one because Audacity crashes like crazy on Macs. But hey I'm paying you.

So here's what I would require from you:
-Willing to cut and export my samples from Audacity
-Apply EQ and make sure the sound doesn't peak (will show you my prefered curve)
-Tell me if any samples need rerecording due to peaking, noise, spit, mispronunciation, inconsistent sound, etc.
-Otoing: This may seem big, but I mostly prefer standard VCV (450, -700/-600, 300, 100) so it's an easy edit and I use a custom oto base I'll give to you. I will do CV banks to test notes and tones. The style I prefer is Cdra's CV style that I think is done like CV VC, I don't understand it but it sounds amazing. This is mentioned in more depth towards the end of this post.
-Test my voicebanks with resamplers since I can't
-Make tweaks to the otos when I tell you to (I can edit otos in Synth but they are useless on PC)
-Make prefix maps, hopefully it will function right on Synth because it tends to ignore them half the time

Bonus things that will make you be paid even more:
-Be willing to test my USTs when I convert them from Synth to PC and send me screenshots, WAVs, etc.
-Make and edit LipSync for me since it isn't available for Mac
BIG BONUS:
-Make me very basic base USTs. I much prefer pitchbending and would be happy to be named as collaborating with you if I didn't have to do the tedious laying out, correcting and editing are my forte.
-Make me basic videos. I have an UTAU sitting around unreleased because I can't make her video.

Now don't freak out over this. I'm busy (and lazy) so I won't do this very often. It takes me months to make a whole voicebank, though I'm hoping this process will drastically shorten this time. Hopefully you aren't as busy as me, that would defeat the purpose.

And hey, you get to negotiate the price! And you will of course be praised and credited for what you do.

If you think you're qualified, I'll need to see an example VCV bank you made or at least oto'd. Also I'll need to know your CV style. Negative overlap style is acceptable, the basic "stick the overlap in the middle of everything no matter what" isn't. If you know the CV VC style that I don't understand that is instant love right there.

So apply apply apply! I need help! And remember I work full time and I'm a legal adult at 19, nothing is out of the question for payment (Though I won't pay you hundreds, hah). If you know someone outside of here (Deviantart, Tumblr, wherever) who may be interested in some money please do advertise!

Looking forward to getting an assistant!

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Wow! I would do it for free to work with shinami-sama! But ive never vcv or vb or oto and my computer sucks....

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Cool to see a reply so soon! Was concerned with posting this on UtaForum after the system crash, dunno how many are still browsing while Hentai does what he can to fix it.

Unfortunately I really need to see a bank you've worked on to know that you know what you're doing. VCV isn't hard at all, it's just takes a while to record then can be incredibly boring, tedious, and time consuming to export and oto (easy but mindnumbing). While CV VC is gaining more momentum and I really want to try it, there are no nice plugins or resamplers for UTAU-Synth so it isn't an option right now.

Computer doesn't matter much, it just needs to run Audacity and UTAU really (even if Fresamp takes ten centuries to render, hah).

But if you get more experience under your belt and I haven't found an assistant yet feel free to hit me up!

amaterasu miya

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
i can make UST bases for you (i SUCK SHIT at pitch bending [i dont literally suck shit. ew])

i made a UST before (im actually working on one that needs minimal pitchbending because i need practice)
i actually learned from you how to make a UST
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHNEtX9CLMM[/video]
(i downloaded the wrong version of the off vocal xD (as you can tell, this is pitchbendless))

if 'basic videos' means coverart and subs, i can also do that

and i can use resamplers for you

i can easily learn how to use LipSync hopefully, i'll get back to you on that one

i'm working on a VCV bank and learning how to oto (the recording is nowhere near done though, i'll get back to you on that one, too)

i can CV oto, (in the above video is my UTAU that i did the oto on)
i can EQ

i'll be able to tell you if you need to re-record

prefix maps totally screw me O.O
i can easily tweak otos

so this would be a good learning experience for me :D

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I would totally volunteer!

I cannot make USTs though, and Prefix Maps are something I've never really fooled with, sorry!!

I hope you find someone to help you!! UTAU-Synth is no fun.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

- I haven't oto'd VCV, but I know how it's done. I have oto'd CVVC in Japanese and Korean and have made multi-pitch banks (so I know how to prefix map).

- I have almost every resampler (the only one I don't have is model4).

- I can do basic videos with Cyberlink PowerDirector (I don't have it installed, but I can also use Sony Vegas and I'm slowly learning Adobe After Effects). I don't draw art very often.

- As for audacity: I don't use it. I use mixcraft, audition, or fl studio (fl studio for midi creation), but am willing to download it for this specific purpose (I'll be using mixcraft to check for pitch).

- For usts, I can use V3 and convert to VSQ - I don't really pitchbend (not the best at it) and you'll probably need to make edits for timing.

- As for Lipsync: I know how it works, I just haven't made any for my own banks.

VB Example: CV multipitch
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14y5yztezZI[/video]

UST:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6HxZLTJHq4[/video]

CVVC [It's up for release but it's incomplete and not multipitch yet]:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koIL3GQxxCE[/video]

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
-//FFFFF, iPad deleted my post twice

Looks like I'd be able to do everything except for LipSync and videos. A recent VCV OTO of mine would be the one for Duoxie's ASTERION, and my CV style is consistent overlap with adjusted offset based on consonant. Kind of based on something Myst told me? As for USTs, I'd be willing to do songs that don't have tempo changes and don't have multiple similar singers. Examples would be on my YouTube channel of my same name.

Right now I'm on my summer break, but once school comes back around I'll be limited to my main computer on weekends only with a Mac to use during the week for homework and stuff. I'd prefer paypal, since I'm looking to get a vocaloid, ehe!

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Wow this is getting so many more replies and applications than I thought it would, even a PM or two! Thanks so much everyone!

Friday through Monday are incredibly busy for me (work + homework + family + errands + etc) so I'll try to review over this time who applies (others can still apply!).

Tuesday night I'll try to narrow down and start haggling prices.

mangosiryan12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
oh hey! i can oto cv/vcv in just 1 to two days! or money back +finished oto, guaranteed! If you're interested, please read my dA journal for more information: http://fav.me/d7schmf

i cant make usts from scratch but with MIDI file provided, i can make them
i can also tune! here are my examples:

in mode2

in mode1

Last edited:
Reactions: na4a4a

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm going to hop back on since my previous post is...broken...

Holy sh- never mind! Ryan is much better of a choice than I.
----------
I would do it for next to nothing (or preferably...nothing at all...yes free)

I can oto a bank to your specification, whether it be VCV, CVVC (JP or ENG), CV, or some mix.
CV in a day, CVVC in two.
VCV I tend to take longer as I need to be more stringent on the quality.
Experimentation with different samplers is common place for me and I download as many as possible to test with.

I cannot make usts from scratch, however, I have been told I am good at tuning. I can also adapt/adjust Synth usts to PC utau.

I know the lipsync interface and can set up a model as well. (that itself is quite simple)
----------------------------------------
I'll post a few sparse examples, in no particular order. (soundcloud on the bottom)
I've been using utau since 2010, but I kept most of the things I did to myself.

I hope that the following may prove as a benchmark to show the minimum you will expect from me.

In this recent "Cruel Clocks" cover with Waltt, I had tweaked bits and pieces of the oto, set the pitchbends, and used the envelopes in Cockos Reaper in my attempt to make a "proper" cover.
I tend to edit usts in CV, then convert them to VCV using a plugin.
While the vocals are little quite, I tried to make them clear, so it seems to find a balance- I utilized REAPER's vol.envelope to make the loudness/dynamics fit with the pitchbends.
This isn't my most recent project, I also am working on using Czloid to sing jitterdoll (in derp-anese) and used similar tuning method (though a bit more exaggerated as it is more of a pop-esque song)

Here is a late 2012 example of a CV voicebank; while originally intended to be CVVC, many of the VC samples were rather poor so I didn't use them.
This was sampled from the Speakonia TTS application...as the character in question was voiced as such.
It would of been much smoother if it was a human recorded bank; no amount of otoing could of made this better.

Here is ANCIENT (...early 2013) demo of a 5-pitch CV bank otoed in CVVC style (was supposed to be CVVC, but I had scraped the voicebank soon after this demo)
I focused mostly on the OTO and the recording samples to create a smooth, clear voice- intended to be user friendly so that a novice may use without too much difficulty. An EQ was used to help boost the voice and make it a bit clearer.
I did some adjusting and the mixing, but this is mostly just an example of the quality on the otos that I often make myself.
The bulk was oto'd in a day, but then was finly adjusted over a week or so-

I don't upload very often, so that is all I have on youtube, very basic but I hope it shows some example.

Soundcloud:
Using Myst's Utau, Aiko, to sing a short WIP or Cher's Believe.
(Mix)
updated vocals + youtube link to show tuning

This is a very bad example of using Utakoloid's Waltt CVVC english with a very WIP ust:
soundcloud.com/dulloid/this-love-waltt-wip_mix_1
I found that bank to be a bit weird sounding...could never get it quite right...

I even made an english voicebank before it became more popular (something like my 14th bank was a dual language bank...sometime in mid 2012...I think...before CVVC was a thing...wasn't that great, but just throwing it in for the "lols")

Last edited:

RockloudHakaine

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I could make perfix maps, make video's (once I get After Affects, which will be soon), tweak oto's, test ust's, test your UTAU's on resamplers and make ust's (I would reccomend cheching the timing because I've only made ust's from scratch so far).

Samples of my VCV otoing- (all banks are lite vcv but Takoe Zuii_Deep)
Sample of my ust making-