For what purpose did you created/are you going to create your own UTAU?

K

Kassandra

Basically, I liked vocaloid and wanted to make my own "vocaloid OC exdee" and my friend introduced me to UTAU, but he said it was a lot of work to create one. After I heard a few, I decided to make my own and it was really hard to figure out at first, especially since tutorials were pretty crap and there weren't many good resources back in 2011. Luckily, I found Mae Blythe and she helped me get better at everything and got me into vcv and everything and after that I experimented and became more interested in the community.

So, I guess, originally it was for myself and I just wanted my OC to sing the songs I liked or what fit her personality, but now I really like having the voicebanks out for everyone to use for their own interests or whatever.

miyu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I made a Utau because boredom but then that boredom became an obsession and now I rarely play video games... sadly XD but then I might give off my main Utau who I been hiding from people for a year XD to a adoptive uatu :smile: reason I got into Utau even though there's a lot u.u and yours probably will hardly get notice XD I'm trying to use mine for a personal purpose and you can even start making your own songs with them unlike other Utaus I rarely even see on iTunes, Amazon, google play, and etc step teto u see teto a lot... but I hopefully I want to make a mini concert just for Utau though ._. And no not like Voca America... But right now I'm to much of a noob and need lots of help but it's really fun though but hard :smile: especially if you have a lot of Utau friends :D (which I don't have) T-T so I'm doing this all in a lonely road XD

AmberTonnerre

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm planning on making an Utau so I can cover all of my favorite songs! I find that most English Utau don't cover much outside of pop music so I wanted to bring something new to the table. I'm afraid my voice won't be powerful enough for anything loud or emotional, but I'll do what I can!

Velvet

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well as long as the thread’s back

Honestly? Because it felt like a rite-of-passage in the fandom. That, and I wanted the bragging rights of having my first utau be a 5-pitch VCV. I created mine when I was confident that I knew what I was doing, and he ended up sounding pretty okay. I also feel like I should add on the reason I actually went through with it; I was gonna trash it, but I won a raffle held by Subaru/Eden and she was kind enough to give him a new design based on some of my cringy self-insert finger painting. Afterwards, Shadow made his first official art, and from then on I knew I had to finish the bank. I’m still eternally grateful of those two, they really did save my utau from literal death :cry:

The reason I continue to create banks and stuff for him is bc I’ve actually grown to like this lil binch as an OC, and plus I feel the need to make VBs that not only I’d like to use (i.e. what I originally had in mind with his first bank) but that others would like to use as well :uhuhu:

ayatonic

emo lord
Defender of Defoko
I've always wanted to have my own UTAU... Perhaps since I first discovered the software and how it worked. I, like many others, started out as a Vocaloid fan. Originally (I was ten years old when I tried making my first UTAU- in 2012 lol) I didn't really have any other reason to make one besides just because I could. My first bank was never finished, as I was a child and had no intellect of how to function the program and such, so the years passed.
In 2015, I was struck with ambition upon seeing other users whose work in UTAU became famous and memorable, and I wanted to be a part of that too. I then attempted to make another voicebank, but that one failed as well.
Finally, after more time, I was instilled the idea to pursue UTAU again, and I made my first successful banks! I don't really have any musical talent, honestly, (besides making my banks I suppose) but if anyone else can achieve fame and love, I like to think that I can too.
I will never give up on my UTAU project, lol, because it is my dream to be famous one day!! It's a struggle, but every acknowledgement fills my heart with motivation to keep going.
Ultimately, that's why I made my UTAUs. It took six years for me to gather the courage, so here I am.

Reactions: AmberTonnerre

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
When I first started using UTAU, like first first first started, it was recording a voicebank. That was just what people DID- it didn't occur to me to only be a user of other people's voicebanks. Maybe it was the culture at the time... there was a much lower barrier of entry, since basically everyone was making CVs and only the crazies went for VCV. Oh how the times have changed.

Dominic was originally just a genderbend of my main UTAU, but he got his own characterization, and then his own voicebank, and I continue to maintain him today just because I like him more than my main.

I'm making sunetoha because some people happen to like my natural non-acted voice, and I couldn't bear to associate my main voice with a female character anymore.

If I start talking about the rest of them, it'll take me forever, lol...

Reactions: AmberTonnerre

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I guess because I like many others wanted my own Vocaloid-y thing, so I made my utau, and started with a CV. Then went on to CVVC and VCV and even VCCV English...yeah, and now, like many others, I'm stuck in recording hell...

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Short answer: to have some fun!

Longer answer: I was interested in the software itself and how it worked. I also had a bunch of UTAU/fanmade Vocaloid designs I'd come up with throughout 2014-15. Combine the two, start recording, and bam! A new, kind of cringy UTAU.

I would've stopped in the beginning of 2017, but I started to get used to my 2015 disaster, so here we are now! My UTAU currently exists for a power VB I want to record, since I haven't found any voicebanks with the tone I'm looking for yet.

Soursop the fruit

✧ Fruity & Happy ✧
Defender of Defoko
My main purpose is to create a voicebank that can sing in fluent Malay/Indonesian 'cause my people need it soo bad.
Most of our Indo covers/oris are hard to understand since they use utau/vocaloid JP banks, and there are only 2 released INA banks(iirc) with one of them being inactive.
But i'm so grateful i met friends with same purpose, now i'm helping them with my very best to save our language ;u;

P

partial

I've had many test banks over the years that thankfully were never released, but let me give you my totally true, totally weeb, totally embarrassing story as to why I wanted to make an UTAU.

All my life, I've only ever held feelings for fictional characters.
I've only ever had crushes on them, I would immerse myself in series or universes that these characters were from.
I want(ed) wholeheartedly to be with them, and I've spent my whole life researching dreams and sleep cycles as an effort to do so.

As luck would have it, in 2011, at 15, I fell hardcore for Len. Six years later, those feelings have been given to other characters, but a part of me still loves Len in a way that can't be repeated.

In 2011 I also found UTAU, and had some pretty seriously bad OCs (that I'll even post here to Utaforum if I can find) that were meant to be the next big Hatsune Mikus, who of course, the one that represented me would have Len totally all over them. Lmao. Thank god that never made it anywhere.

Now I dabble in UTAU because it interests me, and because I know the almost euphoric feeling everyone gets when finally releasing that new voicebank with a kick ass demo. I dabble in UTAU because it brings people together, and I like that. I like seeing people expand on their art, their creativity, the UTAU characters with back stories. I'm into UTAU mainly because I'm into all of you guys, and seeing what you'll create. So, thanks for giving me the chance to observe and sometimes produce my own content.

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I originally made daiki cause i only had two VERY toxic friends at the time and i wanting a friend who would sing with me and who I could look up to so then I decided to make a utau voicebank (I had been in the fandom for three years before) then I opened up a recording software and recorded a soft "nya" into my computer's built in mic

neettuki

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I wanted to have friends so I made Neettsuki,

for now I only wanted to cover on local contents with his indonesian bank, it somehow made my mother happy. She really likes my indonesian cover so she is kinda my motivation.