Free Music Production & Songwriting Courses!

XJM

Teto's Territory
I've been over there for a while. It's very accelerated if you do enroll in any courses offered there. I may take the Songwriting course again (from Berklee College of Music). I'll also add that Coursera is supported by a number of colleges and universities around the world so that it is possible for something like this to exist.

Hope it turns our alright for ya :smile:

Hetalialoid

Momo's Minion
oh noes!!!!! I missed it i think

and it was myst_saphyr who said it too! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm a big fan xDDD

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
They're offering the courses again in a few weeks. I just checked and signed up for them all upupupupu.

Emolga

Momo's Minion
This is actually pretty cool. I'm actually more excited to take this then the classes I'm already taking haha

This site pretty interesting too, they offer such a variety of classes for free? Never heard of this but wow, I already signed for two classes. Uber thx for sharing! ^^

XJM

Teto's Territory
It's a lot of work, though. It doesn't go against you or anything but just imagine cramming a semester's worth of work into 7 to 9 (maybe more) weeks. Definitely worth it if you're serious about music production.

Nagato-chan

Momo's Minion
Well I enrolled, figured there was no harm in trying.

Already doing school but this is a topic I definitely want to lean more on, and hopefully a little guidance will be better than solo self-study.

If a lot of us are in the same course we should make a study group!

Emolga

Momo's Minion
I like that idea. I only signed up for the songwriting one, the other one looked like realllly basic stuff. But a study group sounds like it'd be totally fun.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm signed up ehehe

study group sounds cool, should it be on Skype or something?

NinetH

Teto's Territory
I"ve always wanted to take music courses.but I think parents won't allow me and I hate my current course(IE). I'm glad this was shared. TNX:love: btw i took the songwriting course.

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
aieee I signed up for Songwriting, I wonder if I'll be able to fit it into my workload...
I've been writing lyrics for awhile, but it's difficult for me to get the music into a digital format. Hopefully, this course might help with that.

If it doesn't work out or it's too much to handle, I can always drop it...

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
STALK THE WEBSITE

No but really, once they start there will be a button that says "Go to class" on the main page. Because of my irregular timezone I literally waited all day for it...

NinetH

Teto's Territory
well yeah I kinda panicked when it said "starting today". then after many hours of stalking it it said "go to class". well yeah i really panicked i was wondering "I'm gona be late for the first day" then i soon realized there teaching style. well yeah thanks for replying. I'm currently downloading their video lectures.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Nononono, can you please stay online? In the lesson forums, and on the facebook group for the class maybe? I'm feeling so lonely, I can't seem to find any other UTAU people!

NinetH

Teto's Territory
I'm online, I'm currently checking out the forums but I haven't been added to the fb group yet.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yup I am in both classes. I asked to add anyone in this thread who had a Skype name in their profile.

I will be making a Skype group for those that want to study/discuss class materials together.

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
...>_> Songwriting is literally going to focus on writing songs. Less focus on the actual instruments and music. Woops. I made a mistake.
Well, I already signed up, and there's no harm in trying to perfect my song-writing, so I'll see how this goes.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There's a new course available called "Developing Your Musicianship." It's basically an intro to music theory from what I can tell. It starts on April 1st (itbetternotbeanAprilFoolsjokebecauseIwillcry)

Here!

Another round of Intro to Music Production and Songwriting are starting this coming Monday if anyone is interested.

faerimagic

Ruko's Ruffians
Ahh, probably not going to sign up this time. I dropped the songwriting class a couple weeks in because I was falling behind in my studies. The new semester just started, and I really need to focus on that. Still, hopefully, I'll be able to try it next time it comes around.