Friends of UTAforum

P

partial

Sorry for the odd title. I couldn't think of a better name.

Who here on UTAforum are you closest to? How did you meet? Would you consider them friends? ect.
Who would you like to be friends with?

The person I'm closest to here on UF is @Disliked Falsetto. I became friends with him after drawing his UTAU, Falsetto, and I got him supporter status soon afterwards to show my appreciation. Whether or not that close feeling is returned is unknown, but I do enjoy his company.

I'd really like to become friends with @VaNexuS, @Cdra, @PaintedCz, @Zarsla and @adriann, but I'm actually super terrible at making new friends, so.

Who are your friends?

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Whether or not that close feeling is returned is unknown, but I do enjoy his company.

OI, YOU BETTER BET THE FEELING IS RETURNED

Obligatory mention of @partial, because why not.

I consider @Koneko a weird sort of classification of a friend, but that might be a little loose.

I also consider @Velvet an acquaintance. Of sorts. With special relations.

And everyone else that decided to follow me is an normal acquaintance.

Reactions: partial

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@partial
First, we are friends on UF.
I consider @Velvet , @JVutau , @Tema, @bio and eveyone else who helped on my game as either friends or like so close aquitances, that I'm shcocked we're still not friends; and and I don't know if @PaintedCz and I are friends (I'd like to say so but I really don't know) oh and they are the people on the chat I consider acquaintances such as @MillyAqualine , @Adlez27 and @JeremyB796 and alot if other people (There's to many to tag and name.) And people who follow me are also acquaintances.

fmccaddy12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Honestly......I don't know. I mean, I talk to people like once in a while for colabs and thread and stuff, but I don't have many friend on here. I should probably change that huh?......

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's pretty easy to make friends on Utaforum in my opion! Just chat and participate and as you grow and your fellow UTAU users grow everyone can become close and feel like "hey buddy look how far we've come!". At least that happened with me and the group of people who started with me on UF.

My best best friend who is also on Utaforum is NicolaCola but I've known her IRL for years so that hardly counts haha. But I like to still consider myself friends with Moonst4r and Iris even if I've become more inactive on other sites as they're on here less. I was also friends with other people like Rai, Reicheru, Raiyux, Lauren, and many others, but we've either drifted apart or people have left UTAU. Outside of my joingroup though I found friends in people like Cdra, Cody (was he ever active on UF haha?), Ant, Purin...lots of people! Those interactions were mostly "dude ilu" and "DUDE ILU TOO" haha, that feel when you're competent, they're competent, and you appreciate each other's competentness pffft.

But yeah friends are a very natural thing, don't be worried Caddy (or others) if you don't have a lot of friends right now on UF or in the UTAU fandom in general. It'll happen in time!

Reactions: Zoku and fmccaddy12

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know it's lame to openly admit it, but I have clinical levels of social anxiety and crap so I have trouble interacting with even my closest "RL" friends who I've known for years, let alone people online. :'x Forum posts and Facebook comments are about the only way I really communicate. I'm practically useless at having actual conversations.

In a way I consider everyone except like two people lmao;; on UF a friend. Besides Facebook, being on UF is the most social interaction I've had since I left college. I feel closest to @Uchuu even though I haven't talked with him around in a while especially since I'm never on Skype or Twitter sob;; I think of Lofe/@Adlez27 as a cross between a friend and a "senpai" ohmygodsdidireallyjustopenlysaythat Also <3 to @Zarsla (I really enjoyed what I got to play of your game ^w^) and @pluvumi (because she wanted to join the Ruby Fanclub with me back when the first production sample came out XP)

immagocrawlintomycavenowuntilI'mdonebeinghorrifiedthatIpostedthislmao

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I try to be friends with everybody even though I'm hardly a social person and rarely have anything to say. In terms of who I interact/connect the most with, I guess @JVutau, @oteto, and @KineticIsEpic. I also will mention @bio, @Tema, @Puririn♥Luka, and @partial, since even though we haven't communicated as much, I still feel like ive gotten to know y'all, or at least, as much as is possible on a forum. I consider most everyone I talk to a friend, and i might have forgotten to mention a couple, I'll probably remember later lol oopsies.

K bai

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I'm not sure. I have many gaming friends on Facebook but maybe a few UTAforum friends here (rarely chat and post stuffs here nowadays).

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Those interactions were mostly "dude ilu" and "DUDE ILU TOO" haha, that feel when you're competent, they're competent, and you appreciate each other's competentness pffft.
This is exactly how I've started conversations with so many people it's amazing.

Most of my UTAU friends are people I met through Cz, or through the long-defunct UTAUOnline (may it rest in peace). To elaborate: Cz adopted me when I was a small baby UTAU user because I tried to imitate her reclist because I WANTED TO DO ENGLISH DANGIT. If anyone's my "senpai", it's Cz, (though not in the "notice me senpai" sense but in the "you are my senior and I hold some respect for you because of it" sense,) but we have a nice mutual relationship of me griping at her about making things complicated and her explaining things and being absurdly nice and then me trying to help her when she's busy and/or disorganized. She then dragged me into a large Skype chat, and I do still consider most of them friends even though I haven't been active to talk to them in a long while -- people like Myst, Fuzzle, Halo, Mario, basically a lot of users from the generation prior to me.

And then there's UTAUOnline. Basically everyone who was active there is someone I'd still call a friend, though yeah, most of those users have drifted off to other things (only natural; I mean, I disappeared for over a year as well). Asparagus, Reko, and Hoshi stand out, but... ah well. UO got me through a very rough time, it holds a very special place in my heart.

Occasionally through some other means I make friends, like with Shinami and Cody who I was distinctly just like "*plasters face on screen* hi you're cool" and then we just yell about who's cooler for a while.

Idk, I consider a great deal of the ~2011-12 community to be at least friendly acquaintances of mine, as I've had some conversation or another with the majority of them (particularly that were/are especially prominent/active), but making friends is just a process as much as anything, yeah? I haven't been off hiatus long enough to make new friends, but again, it just takes time.

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
as far as people I want to become friends with (or at least sometimes talk to) is everyone

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
tbh I don't really know that much about this generation of UtaForum users as much as the previous since I hang out on other sites/social media more often ;; That and I'm reallly bad at socializing OTL I remember meeting Shinami and Iris allll the way back when I started UTAU since we joined around the same time. I think they are the only ones still active on UF? I hang around Skype sometimes and talk to Suba, Kanjo, and Ruriko. I see Iris, Panini, Panda, and Salt on Tumblr nowadays and Cola and Scuro on deviantART.

One thing I like about friends is that you become close and it makes you wonder, "Wait, how did we become friends in the first place?"

Vivification

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
One thing I like about friends is that you become close and it makes you wonder, "Wait, how did we become friends in the first place?"

This.

This sums up every friendship I have, real world or not. Heck, one of my friendships involved me almost killing my friend through allergies.

Reactions: Buck and partial

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Mannnnn I'd forgotten about Asparagus! Yeah UO was a great place, I don't remember much about it but the chat was such a solid place especially when chat here was just garbage. I didn't know it was a rough time for you Cdra, glad it helped! D:

i really hope that in a while like new people will be like "oh that old clique" and we'll be the new Myst, Mario, Fuzzle, Halo, etc haha

Reactions: adriann

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sweet thread!
I'd think I'd say there's a lot of people I can consider I've been great acquaintances with here, simply because I'm sort of a haaaard introvert in that I can't multitask with people, I have to dedicate specific times to give my full attention to my friends when I am physically or mentally able to... SO.. uh.. I kind of have problems socializing aha I'm sorry, THOUGH I think there are so many sweet people in this community!! Back in the day I always wanted to be cool with @Cdra and @PaintedCz since we were like contemporaries with UTAU English (Of course, I was much lesser known and successful with my work in general because I was still starting out at that time!) I still interact with dc, Rene, Artemi through twitter/tumblr, same goes for Yue/Mario, Halo, VaNex (to a lesser extent ;; ), I think from those cool peeps from that time when I was starting out they are the ones that I managed to keep in touch with, even if it's been reduced to just liking each other's silly shenanigans on twitter or enjoying each other's UTAU and art content objectively. :smile: I think I was contemporary with Peach? You know, Peachbite? A very sweet person, we still support each other's works. Cubialpha too, though I met her through the King Harkinian voicebank LOL And Cola is still dropping super sweet comments around, I think I met her on Utaforum, too. There's also a lot of people that I still interact with who just fell out of the hobby..

And now there's so many more new people, I just haven't been able to keep up!! @partial we can definitely try to be friends, though, I hope my sort of asocial tendencies don't push you away from trying! I'll definitely make sure to greet you when I swing by here. :')

P

partial

@adriann trust me, we're both pretty asocial. w
Your asocial tendencies won't push me away from trying at all.

Reactions: adriann