German Voicebanks?

extremeclay

Teto's Territory
Hello hello! :3 I've been looking around for awhile on the best process for creating a German voicebank for UTAU. Probably the best bet now is Chezzies CV VC english based voicebank and using German phonemes. I did try making a CV German bank awhile back, but it came out pretty awful =_= also, I'm not fully fluent in German, so if anyone can help me or have suggestions, please let me know! :D

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I wouldn't suggest German. I wanted Lulu to do German as well but then I started learning German. Not good.

When I master I could make a reclist, but I won't use it for my UTAU.

Ranun

Teto's Territory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gIlgi5QnRM
This voicebank is recorded in VCV, but the description says that some people are already testing a Beta German CV reclist based off from the VCV. The result is really good and I think you should wait for the CV list to come out or ask if the creator could give the VCV list to you since it was planned to be private. (Because everything is recorded separately - means many many samples and much work.) Also, German is my mother tongue, so don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. c: German is really hard to learn. ;_;

extremeclay

Teto's Territory
Ranun link said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gIlgi5QnRM
This voicebank is recorded in VCV, but the description says that some people are already testing a Beta German CV reclist based off from the VCV. The result is really good and I think you should wait for the CV list to come out or ask if the creator could give the VCV list to you since it was planned to be private. (Because everything is recorded separately - means many many samples and much work.) Also, German is my mother tongue, so don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. c: German is really hard to learn. ;_;

Ohhhh my goodness! :O That sounds perfect! Thanks for the link, I'll see if maybe they'll share the reclist, if not publicly, then maybe give me tips or something on creating my own >.<
And your help would be greatly appreciated!

aquatius

Momo's Minion
I've been toying with making a German CVVC reclist. In theory it wouldn't be that hard, just require quite a few recordings.

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
I know where a german realist is but, it's CV VC=http://utaforum.com/topic/9036720/1/

I wish however I could record german too... :P
German recording is like english recording you'll have about 100 sounds no matter what.

theLooneyLibrarian

Teto's Territory
For German banks I would recommend starting with a CVC reclist (I got a WIP one, if you want it) but it does require even more samples that English CVC because of the many, many combinations of consonants in the German language ("Str" or "mpf" for example -_-). Even I, as a native speaker, have a lot of problems listing them all and combining them with every single vowel (even using SAMPA, it get confusing after a while).

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I can speak German, but never tried on recording a bank for it. I might still do it one day.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
In one hand, the more complex a sample is, the best the results may be, so having samples with many consonants around one vowel would be good, but this would greatly increase the number of recordings needed. For the other side, in the same way as it is possible with English, German can be recorded as a compilation of lots of CV, VC, VV, and CC samples, and used together to produce all the needed transitions. In some parts, this would get tricky, because German uses indeed more consonant clusters than English, but there should be a balanced way to have a good number of recordings, but not too big, and an ease of working.

Cinzya

Momo's Minion
I see ... many are interested about this ^^
At first thank you for public my video. So I'm the one who made this voicebank...
It's very interesting how many non-germans want to create a german vb too.
At first it was just a little test because I was bored xD
I made an vcv bank because I saw the korean vcv vb of shou. It looked simple and I wanted to try this, too.

There is a german CV VC, and I already tried to use it. its very complicated to record and made a ust for CV VC. But I don't like CV VC. CV or VCV are more smooth than CV VC. Its complicated to create a CV/VCV list but easier to  use this kind of vb...

And librarian you're right .... In german aren't so many diffrent vowels, but in german are many consonant combination. So only because of that there are so many samples. Sure, they won't be in CVC but I will not work with that ....

my english isn't really good, its hard to explain that all in english for me ^^

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
Cinzya link said:
I see ... many are interested about this ^^
At first thank you for public my video. So I'm the one who made this voicebank...
It's very interesting how many non-germans want to create a german vb too.
At first it was just a little test because I was bored xD
I made an vcv bank because I saw the korean vcv vb of shou. It looked simple and I wanted to try this, too.

There is a german CV VC, and I already tried to use it. its very complicated to record and made a ust for CV VC. But I don't like CV VC. CV or VCV are more smooth than CV VC. Its complicated to create a CV/VCV list but easier to  use this kind of vb...

And librarian you're right .... In german aren't so many diffrent vowels, but in german are many consonant combination. So only because of that there are so many samples. Sure, they won't be in CVC but I will not work with that ....

my english isn't really good, its hard to explain that all in english for me ^^
Thank you!
I will record in the VCV form.
You have lots of points there.
Oh, by the way I am German.

deactivated

Teto's Territory
Doesn't Neko have a German bank, or something like that?

and NAL has German phonemes as an add-on to his English.

I'm pretty sure those are places to start...

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Neko has a Korean and English, but I don't think a German. At least, I haven't seen it on her mediafire, yet.

theLooneyLibrarian

Teto's Territory
I think Neko used to have some German phonemes but not enough to make her actually sing in German so Sango stopped labeling her as "able to sing in German".

Borginia

Teto's Territory
That thread seems intresting.
I am a german, and the german language is really hard to learn.
and the biggest problem for recording a german UTAU would be the vowels.
mostly because there some vowels that don't exist in english: "ei" "ä" "ü" "ö"
"ei" would be easy because its like "ai" in english.
but the vowels "ä","ü" and "ö" aren't that easy.
maybe some noticed that Ruko yokune has those sounds in her voicebank, but still they're not really useful since in german exist words like "können" , "bücher" etc..
you would need to write a VCV list that would look a bit like that: (just an example, not an real record method)

-boeboebuebaeboe-

http://utaforum.com/topic/9036720/1/

also the CV VC reclist for german looks quite decent in my opinion.
It would be great if some german speaking people would work on a reclist.
and since i am german, i would really want to join it if somebody will do it or doing one at the moment.

(and my english grammar failed hard on this wall of text)

deactivated

Teto's Territory
The additional vowels is not a problem, it wouldf just be a longer list.

But it's consonants that get me- stuff like "pf" "tch" and "ch" in German are much harder (this is saying I took 2 years of German as an American student)

really imo it would be easier to make an English list and then have Germanic add-ons. Germanic would also include sounds from other Scandinavian languages (Swedish, for example). But, that's just how /I/ would do it. I like maximizing the language ability rather than only using one specific (for exmaple, also having a "Latin" list over a seperate spanish, french, or italian one.)