Good and bad memories with UTAU?

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
So, everybody of us had good and bad memories with UTAU
Which were yours?

Okay, so I'll start with my bad one - Of course, my voicebank sounded awful. It had a really strong German accent in it, no configured oto-ini, a fail design and I don't know what. Really awful. And then I accidentally renamed all of the sounds into Japanese because I didn't know how oto.ini worked so everything was kind of gone and I had to delete the whole voice.

Good memory - The first time that somebody else used Dia ;w; I was so akdjfhshlg happy because she got a bit love ;w;

Ono

Teto's Territory
The only thing that was bad with Utau was when the time I accidently screwed Onomichi's ACT2 VB by putting in 5 vocals of every sample, which was combined together into one, in her folder.
And when I opened Utau to make her sing..Oh my god. I DIED. :sick:
And I didn't know what was the problem until 3 months later.
I thought I completely killed Ono. ;w; But all I had to do was put the old files back in the folder.
OTL I fail.

Aaaand the best memory..? Meh, I don't know. Don't have any.
When I make Onomichi's VCV bank and its successful, then THAT would be a pretty nice memory, I guess.

Dorielf

Momo's Minion
For some reason, it's a lot easier to pick a bad memory than a good one.

I was devastated the first time one of my videos got a dislike. :sad: I temporarily made it a private video, and worried for the rest of the night over why it received that thumbs down.

I think my best memory so far was getting invited here. It made me feel all warm. ~<3

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Good memories; 1. The friend-tachis I meet and talk too~
2. The funnnn and happyyyy feeling-tachis when completing a project!~
3. The first time I uploaded MiSS SAiYA~
4. When someone compliments, fan-art, or a cover is made. /foreverblush I feel so flattered and happy desu <3

Bad Memories;
1. When I accidentally cleared the whole of my first VCV oto that was nearly finished. OTL Which is why I always makes a spare oto when I'm otoing now.
2. Failing to mix rightly more than once, Jesus Reaper, I sometimes just /don't/ understand you. XDDD OTL

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Good Memories
- That time Kii was included in an (old and dead now) UTAU RPG.
- That time three people messaged me on the day Lilith's MMD model was revealed. (In fact, I almost cried watching the test video because I was that happy.)
- And how could I forget that time ypl used Lock for a self-cover of their song Open?

Bad Memories
- Looking back and cringing at Kii's Act1 voice. So much clipping in her samples, and in the days before Mode2 in UTAU... it's surprising how many people actually liked her first cover of Meltdown. Then again this was June 2009 and there were only approx. 150 UTAUs compared to today's 2500, so it must have been exciting seeing a new voicebank. Not like today, where it's all "Oh, a new voicebank." (._.||
- Realising that nobody really pays attention to/could possibly truly care about my progress anymore despite my hard work with my UTAUs (fast forward to Kii's Act3 cover of Meltdown Hard RK mix and... no comments.) I still wonder if it's just... me.

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Bad memories:
* My attempt at starting Project UTAUstuck (UTAUxHomestuck crossover). The voice sample video has the most dislikes out of all my UTAU videos. ;_;

* Forrest's first voicebank. Back then, I didn't think there was a difference between speaking and singing into the mic when making voice samples...

* My recent video viewcount. Many of my UTAU videos haven't even gotten over 200 views yet.

Good memories:

* I'm friends with this really cool UTAU user~ I love him so much... :smile:

* I'm more interested in music theory now. I made two really short original songs! :D

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Good Memories:
-Using UTAU for the first time.
-People don't actually think Mimi sucks.
-When I finished my first UST.
-When Rokuro sent me Souta's voicebank <3
-Mimi getting 2nd place for "Best Overseas UTAU"

Bad Memories:
-My low self-esteem causing me to rage over how my UTAU sounds.
-Actually considering deleting every single UTAU thing I created and posted.
-Mimi's VCV voicebank having dem American 't's.

Berin

Momo's Minion
Good memories:

Every time people laud my works with my UTAU I'm so incredibly happy. Maybe that's because I think everything I make sucks. Someone called her design cute!!! omg!!! ;-;

Bad memories:

The first time I tried to use utau I became pretty depressed because teto wouldn't sing xD That's why I thought it wouldn't work on my computer; but I tried again a few months later and then it worked :-)

When I watch my first videos (Beryll's release + one song with Camila Melodia). Bad oto, bad mixing, bad pronunciation. And I think: 'I was such a freakin' n00b back then. -______-'

Matsukai

Momo's Minion
Bad mamories:

At the time i started using UTAU i didnt have japanese locale so my UTAU was constantly glitching while rendering so i couldn't make my utau sing anything. Her samples were edited in audacity to make a kawaii desu voice and all was crap ALL.No oto, bad design, bad voice gosh.

Good memories:

The first time someone used mio when i released Her VB.
Super great awesome UTAU friends    :D
Successful VCV voicebank ( i was the happiest utau user in the world XD)
Someone made a MMD model for Mio :D
Masao san accepted my ust and friend request (i know kinda stupid but hes like my idol XDXD)

tHATS ALL

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Bad Memories:

• Accidentally deleting Mathieu's otos the night of his release and not realizing it, trying to fix it, and somehow copying Defoko's otos into his bank
• Losing Aiko's Act1 (among other things) when I dropped my Macbook in October 2009
• Chaosmaid UST >8C

Good Memories:

• All the amazing people I've met from around the world ;u;
• Meeting UTAU users in real life, like at Anime Weekend Atlanta 8'D
• Someone using Aiko for the first time on Youtube ("Don't Say Lazy" duet with Neko, by Sango312)
• Someone using Aiko for the first time on Nicovideo (some song about frogs...? ouo)

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'll begin by negative and poisitive for once OTL

Bad memories :

- UTAU being all screwed up and made me inactive for my two first years in the fandom >_<"'
-When I learnt you needed an oto and how much I sucked at it (now it gets better... Well I hope)
- like you Moon, I've a low-esteem that makes me doubt of everything and puts me down...

(And personally, those times where I got pessismistic about my voicebanks or my UTAU global work... OMG x_x"' )
- When UTAU began to bully Albine and even now I cannot use her VB... But I won't let her in the corner ! è_é I'll do whatever I can to find the true problem and erase it so she can sing like her pals (I begin to think if it's not due to a corrupted syndrom... I don't know how to say that)
-When recently I thoght Kei was a fail... but with otoing and re-recording of some samples I'll make him sound more decent (I hope x.x)

Good memories :

-When I listened to the awesomness of some UTAUloids, even some awesome sauce WIP *w*
- When I could finally make my UTAUloids sound a bit more decent than in the beginning
- When someone drew a fanart of Sakanne x'3
- When other people got interested by my UTAUs' voices (despite being otoless at the time they heard them for the first time OTL) or found their design cute

And finally when I met you all buddies while in the beginning I was feard to not be integrated well or be the worst noob ever... And discovered true awesome friends ;u; And who helped me with UTAU, to feel better and gain more self-esteem <3 That's probably one of the best memories ever

lazerwolf96

Momo's Minion
wow, you guys have all had some really nice stuff happen to you in this fandom! :D I'm happy! ^^

Man, not saying mine's been negative or anything;;;
My UTAU just aren't very popular or anything;;

ALTHOUGH

Negative stuffs-
My first VB was really..... um...... rubbish? XD;;
I have the same problem with putting my stuff and myself down.....
I got spammed by Mae ¬¬; (I didn't name my main UTAU after her, before you ask! ><)

Positive shtuffs! :D
When IrisLibra asked me for Kohaku's voicebank ;o; you made me and her voice actor very happy! c:
When loads of people comment (hang on, I say 'loads'..... I mean like 4 :sing: -shot) on my UTAU fanart c:

Obakebaka

Momo's Minion
Worst Memory: When my laptop took a fatal dive with the only copy of Nanase's Beta bank on it. I still dont know if my hard drive is salvageable and I might never get her or any of my other stuff back... Gaaaah.

Best Memory: Showing people I know offline examples of Sabi's first Beta in action and watching some of them tapping their feet.

Although that may be trumped in the future by my first original song being released to Nico and finding it in the new releases section of Utauran.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Worst Memory: Hmm...way back when I first started. How bad Murasaki was...uggh...

Best memory: The first time someone else besides me and besides someone I actually know...so a total stranger. The first time a total stranger used Iris. Made me sooo happy -nod-

scarfu

Teto's Territory
Good memories really outweigh the bad ones for me! Even though there's probably an equal ratio of good to bad, the good memories have been so much more memorable...

Good memories:

- Meeting my UTAU friends IRL!! That was such an INCREDIBLE experience, I am SO glad that I was able to do that! This year, me, Vio, Tai and Heaven took a road trip and stayed together IRL for an entire week, and we met Misha and Syo during that time too! All of them are such GREAT people and such great friends that I hope I keep for the rest of my life ; ;

- Making my first vocal original song. I've always had an interest in making music, and actually for like a year before I knew about UTAU, I made original like... BGM tracks for game projects my friends and I were working on. I explored musical composition so much more because of UTAU and my music improved SO MUCH since my first song, I'm really glad. I also really improved in art because of UTAU, which is great.

- Finishing and releasing my first game project. I've been so interested in making games ever since I was like 13, and I've always started a lot of haphazard game projects that never got finished--some original, some fangames, but they never got done. With Rise and Fall, I've actually completed an entire playable game and that's really incredible to me.

The bad memories are more just stupid things, like you know, drama within the community and fights over silly and stupid things. In the end though, those things aren't the things that matter--the positive experiences have created a lot stronger of an impression.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ahn...~

Bad Memories:
- Accidentally replacing one of Hareto STRONG's voice files with Soledi's.  You can only imagine when I was listening back and just WHAT ON EARTH WAS THAT oh damnit. D: now that voicebank is dead.
- Realizing just how bad Soledi's accent is, which makes me not want to use her. D: makes me sad, 'cause I like her voice.
- ...missing syllables in VCV strings D:

Good Memories:
- Meeting Cz.  She basically became my gateway into meeting so many cool people ;w; and she made me so much better at UTAU, too.
- EVERY TIME SOMEONE I ALREADY LOVE AND FOLLOW SUBSCRIBES TO ME HASDF I AM NOT WORTHY [[this has happened noticeably three times.  I had a small spazzfit each time.]]
- The night I stayed up until 8am in the chatbox 8D I met a bunch of cool people.
- finishing my CV VC English FULL oto :sing:

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Sometimes UTAU didn't act in a desirable way. Like, when I loaded a VB with an oto, samples became garbled and choppy. I blamed the preutter for it. Because of the glitch, I couldn't make VCVs.
Then, I started to use resampler.dll. It solved all of the oto problems. But after a while, UTAU started to scare me with distortion.
I found a tutorial on UF about the glitch. Now I don't use the .dll because I modified my locale.

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Good memories:
- First UST I made
- First cover I made with my UTAU
- When I released my UTAU
- Both times my UTAU was used by someone else
- Making Defoko work after forever
- Listening to all the awesome sauce covers and original songs people make
- Finding OSUF and feeling like I'm part of a community

Bad memories:
- When somebody told me my UTAU's act 1 was absolute crap

Asteriski

Teto's Territory
Bad- When I got a virus that killed my audio just when I was finishing up Azure Alter DESU. (That virus killed my weeaboo joke. >P)

Good- Meeting all of the other cool UTAU people at AWA.

vocaloidyorune

Momo's Minion
Bad- I was cleaning my computer and deleted all my UTAU banks including one that took a month of OTOing, as she was VCV. ;v;

Good- Being with all my new friends. ;A;