Good programs for video?

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Seriously, I'm sick of Windows movie maker. It sucks, but I don't know what else to use. I want something I can use to add cool effects and stuff to my covers. What is everybody using these days?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, Vegas. But it takes FOREVER to render videos.

FastSpeedy

Teto's Territory
Ant link said:
Yeah, Vegas. But it takes FOREVER to render videos.

^Seconded

There is also Adobe After Effects, which is QUITE a powerful video making tool. But it takes quite some time of learning, and a good computer to run.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Oh, I was thinking about after effects. Meh, my computer wouldn't be able to run it anyway.

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh, I didn't mention this before, but...does it cost money? Because I can't afford to pay for anything that does. :x

FastSpeedy link said:
There is also Adobe After Effects, which is QUITE a powerful video making tool. But it takes quite some time of learning, and a good computer to run.

Probably not a good one for me, then. I don't have too much patience, and I wouldn't call my 4 year old computer 'good'. XD

FastSpeedy

Teto's Territory
Raiyux link said:
Oh, I didn't mention this before, but...does it cost money? Because I can't afford to pay for anything that does. :x

[quote author=FastSpeedy link=topic=2937.msg21563#msg21563 date=1344051062]

Probably not a good one for me, then. I don't have too much patience, and I wouldn't call my 4 year old computer 'good'. XD
[/quote]

Oh, I see. Since the title of the topic was "Good programs for video", I thought about the real good ones xD But yeah, they cost quite a bit. =x

For free ones... I don't know any that is actually good, sorry. Linux OS has some good ones, but I don't use Linux, so I can't say what they are called.

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hmm...guess I'll just google around then. Thanks, anyway~

MAJAstral

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I was  looking for good  programs too and I found recently (Today) a free program called Video Pad. It look better than  WMM and easier than Sony Vegas Pro. I didn't use it yet...
I hope have been useful ^^!​

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm also interested in finding a good video-making software, so if Video Pad is good, I'd like to know. :3

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
my FREE recommendations

--------
Windows:

WAX *used/good*
Jashaka
VideoSpin  *second fav*
Lightworks *used/great but difficult*
VideoLAN Movie Creator *used/use their beta/alpha one...unstable otherwise*
Vivia *?*
MoviePlus Starter Edition *used/MY FAV*
Avid FreeDV

--------
Linux(Ubuntu 12.04):

kdenlive
? search Synaptic or the software center (will add later)
--------
Mac:
I'm sorry I never have used a mac before. try...

Jashaka
Avid FreeDV

--------

I can add more If you would like.

Raiyux

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ahh, thank you! That is a very useful list! I will definitely try some of those the next time I'm making a cover video!

I suppose I should've mentioned that I'm a Windows user, but even so, this list may be useful to others who are looking, also. ^^

NicolaCola link said:
I'm also interested in finding a good video-making software, so if Video Pad is good, I'd like to know. :3
Perhaps I will try a bunch of them and then give my input? Likewise, if you find a good one yourself, could you share it with me? >w<

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I run linux so I just listed NOT ALL three major Operating Systems I don't know of any software for BSD based systems but FreeBSD can run linux applications through emulation anyways.