good STARTER MIC to give to FRIENDS starting with making UTAUs?

HydroChromatic

Teto's Territory
Hello!

So long story short I have a few friends who would like to have an utau on their own but have no microphones to record with. I have a Blue Yeti myself and use it to record my UTAU but it is fragile and I can't transport it. I need a USB mic that is sturdy (as in they would probably transport it with their backpack) but has good quality sound.
I plan to give them the mic and have them record a CV + VV style VB with additional english samples and phonemes/transitions so they can experiment with English. Budget of $20-$40

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's alright, always happy to help.

A great starter mic for Utau is the CAD gxl2400-usb. It's extremely affordable, better than the snowball as a starting mic (I've tested both), and it's even good enough to stick with if they don't want to upgrade later.
I'd probably even rate it better than the Yeti since the GXL2400-usb has a more consistent freq response.

It should be a good mic to gift or loan out. If you are looking for something else then just tell me and I can give another suggestion.

HydroChromatic

Teto's Territory
It's alright, always happy to help.

A great starter mic for Utau is the CAD gxl2400-usb. It's extremely affordable, better than the snowball as a starting mic (I've tested both), and it's even good enough to stick with if they don't want to upgrade later.
I'd probably even rate it better than the Yeti since the GXL2400-usb has a more consistent freq response.

It should be a good mic to gift or loan out. If you are looking for something else then just tell me and I can give another suggestion.

THANKS! This should work well. I started my utau with a CAD mic D32 or something and I went through 2 in 6 months together cause they would break from use but I remember the quality being really good and I have old voicebanks with good quality thanks to them.
These should do just right.