Harvest Moon

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This is to be ONLY about Harvest Moon.
If you want to talk about Rune Factory, feel free to make a thread or ask me to do it because I  love Rune Factory as well. <3
Let's get the ball rolling!
I'd like to start out with posting a link. Harvest Moon: A New Beginning. I cannot wait for this one.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/11/harvest-moon-a-new-beginning-is-all-about-customization/
Screenshots:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/18/harvest-moon-a-new-beginning-screenshots-learn-english/
Character customization:
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/11/21/a-quick-look-at-harvest-moon-the-land-of-origins-character-customization/

I'll also just tell everyone what games I own~ :3
I HAD Wonderful Life SE and Another Wonderful life, but I gave them to a friend and I regret that now ;o;
Tree of Tranquility (married Gill, working on Jin)
Animal Parade (married Wizard, working on Chase)
The Tale of Two Towns (not married...yet!)

Now, harvest moon talk, GO! o 3o/

ScuroKun

Teto's Territory
I can't wait for the new one. I've never really played the DS Harvest Moon games, since my friend who introduced me to the series didn't like them, but I really wanted to try this one. And you can customize in this version? *A* I haven't really been keeping up with Harvest Moon news, since I've been so obsessed with lurking on Rune Factory 4 threads the past few months xD; I'm going to have to go find out more about this game now. I like how the romance thing is enhanced in this game xD;;; That was always my favorite part of this and Rune Factory.

The Harvest Moon Games I own are-
-Tree Of Tranquility
-Animal Parade
I really wish I could buy more... but... I've been trying to save up for a 3DS and possibly a PSP Vita... and then I constantly buy books from the bookstore orz;;

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
;a; I never played the handheld series before, then I got a free DSi, so I bought TToTT with some giftcards and I love it.
But I seriously can't wait for ANB it's going to be awesomeeeeee.!

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
Oh~ I love Harvest Moon! I'll list the games I own, too :D

1) A Wonderful Life: Married all the girls ;D
2) Another Wonderful Life: (almost Marlin ; A ; but too many Rival events and then I rage quit after restarting the game, I plan on replaying it this summer)
3) Magical Melody: Didn't get to finish D: Game got scratched and everytime I ordered a new one it was faulty. Was deciding between Blue and Alex.
4) Tree of Tranquility: Haven't played this one in a while, since my sister decided she wanted to play it before me OTL
5) DS: Cute : So. Close. To marrying Marlin. So close. Like, 2 Harvest Sprites away.
6) Animal Parade: Planning on marrying Chase, but I decided to take a break from it to finish up DS: Cute.
7) Tale of Two Towns: Meh. I personally am finding the game a bit meh, but I think I'll play it more after I finish Cute and Animal Parade.
8) Island of Happiness: Playing this at the same time as DS: Cute. And all I have to say is: Vaughn. Ohmygoshwhyishelikethebestbachelorever Vaughn.
9) More Friend of Mineral Town: Never actually played this, a friend gave it to me and I've just kept it in my DS to meet the Mineral Town boys in DS: Cute. OTL

Wow OTL Just realized I own quite a few. Well, I've been playing them for a long time ^^; And these are my favorite series of games~ Vaughn and Chase are definitely my favorite bachelors. And then Marlin.
Something I also find, is that whether I like the animal or crop aspect more, depends on the game. Like I found farming super fun in Magical Melody, but in Animal Parade and TOT, I prefer the ranching side.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
In the Wonderful Life games I liked the ranching. In ToT and AP I liked farming.
Not sure how I feel about the handheld games yet though. xD

poundthemochi

Teto's Territory
I love Harvest Moon I loved the GBA and the first DS game!The Wii Games are fun too.I love Harvest Moon so much!(⌒▽⌒)

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I remember the time my brother bought harvest moon catrige for the super nintendo. Neither one of us knew what it was about. Based on what he saw on the sticker, my brother though it was a zombie or horror game. XD he enjoyed the game, even though it turned out to be something diffrent than what he expected.

It took a while for him to notice it. He thought the tools in the shed was for killing. and when the season changed to atum, he would run around the farm and splash whater, he thought everything was on fire. XD ahh good memories

If he knew what kind of game it was before he bought it, I wouldnt had found it! THANK GOOD FOR STICKERS!!!

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
When i was little I bought the wrong version of the GameCube "Wondeful Life" so I had to play as a girl. I didn't know there were 2 separate versions, I thought you could select the gender. = A = I figured it would be alright so I kept playing, until I found out you had to marry people. I married Gustafa and had a baby. Yes.

I also played DS but didn't get too too far, and I have Hero of Leaf Valley (my favorite in the series probably) and I'm so close to marrying the flower shop owner. She has an orange heart right now. ^_^

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ooooh~ I married Gustafa too~ I named our kid Gus. ;o; Oh those were great times.

But on other news, Harvest Moon: A New Beginning Anniversary Edition Pre-Orders end in 5 days?
http://natsume.com/store/index.html
Anniversary Edition comes with a GIANT cow...well giant compared to everything else
image for size reference between cow and yak: http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/485649_10151140476883397_1586377295_n.jpg
And the release date has been changed from October 23, 2012 to October 19, 2012....so yay we get it earlier!

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Ooh, that's awesome. I was supposed to get the alpaca with Tale of Two Towns, but GameStop "only had enough for the first few people to pick up the game." that's bull though, since I pre-ordered it like everyone else. >_> I don't know if I'll be picking up this one, since I'm trying to save up all my money to get FL Studio (and maybe VY1V3 if I can).

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I've been neglecting Tale of Two Towns.......I guess I like console games better then handheld....
I don't even have a 3DS so I can't play A New Beginning until...Christmas, lol.

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
WOAAAH I didn't know there was a thread for this game<3 Man, I love Harvest Moon. Lately, the handheld games have been sorta failing but I hear ANB is going to patch that right up. /makeaRFthreadplease.

Here's what Ive played so far:

1. MFoMT- (was going for Gray) I didn't get past Summer Year 1. It was my friend's game, anyway.
2. Harvest Moon DS- (it was just a demo) This was my cousin's game AND my first Harvest Moon.
3. Animal Parade-(married Chase and Toby--don't know who for the third slot) This FINALLY was my game. It's really cute and has to be my favorite so far./onlyconsolegameI'veplayedforHM
4.Grand Bazaar-(married Ivan, going for Dirk) I don't see why people hate this game so much. It's not bad. It was actually my first DS HM game I've OWNED. It's just...bleh after a while though.
5. ToTT-(going for Dirk/Ash) Meh. I don't know....this game is ok....but MAN. IT'S SO HARD TO MAKE MONEY AND EVERYTHING'S EXPENSIVE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
6: I'm getting ANB(going after Neil/Rod). I've been stalking this game since the topic was FIRST MADE in another forum. FFFFFFF I CANT WAIT MAN. 2 MORE WEEKS. From what I've heard from the game, it's said to be like the Old Fashioned HM with a twist.

I should stop talking but I really enjoy this game so..../yeahimmastoptalkingnow.

Tophat

Momo's Minion
I've only played More friends of mineral town, and magical melody; where I'm dead set on Cliff, in MFOMM; and Dead set depressed over Jamie in MM.

I disliked Jamie so much at first but I kinda gotten determined to make him like my character, and now after reading about the rivalship ending, I couldn't be more upset over it D:  For MFOMM, at first I wanted to marry Kappa for the very same reason (Because I'm ridiculous like that) But Cliff is such a sweetheart and I want to keep him in town and, and and....  :love:

This series is too darn adorable.

SugarSweetVenom

Momo's Minion
I find that Harvest Moon is easier on console then handheld. Taking care of your crops is too much of a chore on the earlier ds games and even the advance version. The gardens are so much bigger and have tuns of objects occupying the field, making it almost impossible to straighten out. That's why I prefer console, they simplify everything for you perfectly.

" Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns " was one of the first ds games to implement a more simplified version of fields from what I noticed. Which is a relief considering the game is a handful on it's own without worrying about tending to giant fields of doom.

Also at the risk of sounding like a total dork I use to get dirt on all the bachelors beforehand so I'd know which one to date/marry.  Anyone else use to scout out their perfect in-game fellow?

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I would read about them online first, pick the ones that appealed to me visually, then played the game and picked on personality and how easy it was to get their favorite item. xD

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
^ haha, yeah, I always choose the one that likes flower because they're easy to get. :I Well, I usually like them the best too.

As for the large fields thing, that's why I love Hero of Leaf Valley. It's in the PSP, so it's still a handheld one, but there's a little field just outside from your house. You don't have to take stuff off of it or anything like annoying rocks and sticks.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I actually bought Save the Homeland on my PS3, but omg.....I can't stand it. I thought I would love it but it's too slow and I don't know. ;o;

Ono

Teto's Territory
I loved the original Harvest Moon for the Gamecube. <33
I used to play it everyday doing nothing but hitting on the laaaddies and sellin' my craps crops~ But if I were to play this game now, I would think it's really boring. Nothing much happens on there. xD I've yet to play the newer Harvest Moons. I don't think I'll ever buy it for handhelds 'cuz I hate playing games that way. Maybe for the Wii or the PS3.