Having Issues With Playback for Tripitch

KotoneSound

Momo's Minion
So I recorded a Tripitch Japanese VCV VB a handful of months ago and slowly was getting it oto-ed. Eventually, I gave in and commissioned someone to oto it. They sent the oto files for each pitch in the proper folder and I moved all of the original files over except my old otos. The problem is, when I load the sample for the 3 pitches like usual, now it doesn't play. I know it's weird because when I open the pitches separately as voicebanks, only one of them works. The pitches are A3, C4, and E4, and C4 is the only one that works. I've tried looking for a subtle difference between them all but I can't find anything. Any questions, I'm happy to attempt to ask. This is the first time I couldn't solve a problem by searching around for UTAU.

Pyremageyun

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
AF1QipPBK6Cxg4E5CGJN2ZUoIRWaaWeXexi4Qs9C43Oe
On utau when you click on the prefix map are there any assigned to the prefix or suffix (it's located underneath the button where you open up the oto file on utau) (sorry for lack of screenshot I'm trying to find a good website to upload this image) But what you wanna do is in that menu where it says suffix from the very top to E4 (or F4) put write it as E4, leave E4(or D4) to...B3 (or A3)? blank since that's the only one working....and A3 to all the way to the bottom as A3 (reason for the ( ) is because I've seen some voice banks go 1 pitch above what the starting recording pitch was....if that makes any sense?)

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
For a multipitch voicebank, you should have a file named "prefix.map" in your main voicebank folder. You can create a new one or edit an existing one via UTAU's prefix map editor, accessible from Tools > Edit prefix.map
This is what the window looks like if it's blank.
upload_2019-3-4_18-33-35.png
The Key column corresponds to the notes in UTAU's piano roll. The "Prev" column corresponds to prefix, and the "Next" column corresponds to suffix. If your voicebank was set up correctly by the commissioner, this should already contain the pitches that you recorded. If not, you will have to set it up yourself.

Check the OTO that they sent you, in UTAU's OTO editor. What is the suffix for E4? Are there samples like [a か↑] or like [a かE4]? Take note of this suffix when you are editing the prefix map.
To select multiple Keys in the prefix map, click on the first one you want to choose, scroll to where the last one is, hold Shift, then click on the last one. In this screenshot, I selected B7 to E4.
upload_2019-3-4_18-37-25.png
Type the suffix that corresponds to the suffix in the OTO, then click the Set button.
upload_2019-3-4_18-37-56.png
To save the prefix.map file, click OK.

Once you've done this for all the pitches in your voicebank, UTAU will be able to automatically switch between pitches of that voicebank. You will no longer need to type suffixes into the note itself.