Having MANY problems with UTAU...

Bubble-chan • ● •

Teto's Territory
Hello there~! I hope no one minds me posting this here - I've seen other threads related to some of these problems, but none of them had the answer to my problems, it seems.

For the first three weeks or so having UTAU, I wasn't able to get a sound out of Defoko or Teto. They would sing if I planted the notes around, and they'd sing to a single UST, but that was all. Even other Hiragana USTs' wouldn't work with them. I downloaded a Romaji UST and a UTAU encoded in Romaji, but it still wouldn't sing.

I actually managed to fix this by using the "Append" Button to open a UST Rather than the "Open" Button. It'll work for most USTs, from what I've seen so far. But I wasn't certain if I was supposed to use that. I'm still quite the newbie and I don't know if that effects any processes with the UST or the voice. Is there any way to fix that? And a definition of what the Append button does, maybe?

The Main problem I've been having since then is Rendering .Wav files. I really don't know what the problem is here. I've been working on it all day and having help from a fellow UTAU user, but they say they don't know what the problem is. I'll load a UST and a voicebank, select all of it, save it, then hit Render - A few things have happened so far:

- It will come up with the Error, "Failed to Generate Wav file. Please check the settings."

- It will go through the whole rendering process with the "CMD" window, but the wav file it claimed to render wasn't located anywhere on the computer.

- The CMD window won't come up at all, but a small window with a blue loading bar will go through each symbol in the UST and say that it rendered, once again leaving me with no files to be found.

I noticed the UST I 'saved' In order to render it can only be found if I hit the "Open/Append" Button in UTAU. I can't locate it simply by looking in my files.

I've tried a lot of settings to experiment: Rendering with the Resampler.dll, Rendering without a Batch file, Using Wavtool2 Instead of Wavtool, repeatedly tried using Resampler.exe, Rendering using the "Save last play" Option, Selected "Change the Voice root directory"... I don't know what else to try.

I hit "Play Rendered file", and It played the whole thing without a problem. I can see the wav while I look through the USTs in the "Open" Window, but I can't open it anywhere. I also re-installed UTAU Just in case it was an error with my particular program. That didn't do anything, unfortunately. It happens on all the USTs I've tried so far - I'm running out of ideas here.

If anyone could help me, I'd be very grateful! I'm in the process of making my own UTAU and I'd certainly need this issue out of the way in order to make any songs with him! All help is appreciated~ {I apologize if I rambled a bit. I just wanted to make sure any potential helper had all the information they needed. ^u^}

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
If you could list OS, Locale e.t.c

It's a very weird sounding problem. Make sure the folder UTAU is installed in, and where it is rendering to is NOT set as "Read Only"

If you're running Windows Vista -> Windows 8 try running as an administrator. Make sure your account is an administrator as-well.

Bubble-chan • ● •

Teto's Territory
Ohh! Wait, maybe that is the problem! I thought I was running it as Administrator the whole time! :sing: Woooww... I'm slow. =3=

Well, I tried running it As Administrator, and it seems to be working now! I guess it wasn't running it before - I could've sworn it was!

Now I feel stupid... XD Sorry if I troubled you any! It seems to be fixed. >u< What a relief!! Thank you so much!! <3