Hello! I'm new to utau! I have some newbie questions,

Auoric

Teto's Territory
I'm only days old on UTAU. I'm trying to create my first UST however, I have some questions.

I kept on hearing about otoing. What is otoing?
I downloaded Mawarine Shuu's VB and found out it has breath samples. How do i add this to my UST?
Thank you so much! ^_^

Reactions: Aeroza

Aeroza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Otoing is the process of configuring your voicebank, I guess you could say it like that. Without a proper oto, the voicebank wouldn't sound nice at all. Also, you can use his breath by putting "b1" to "b6" on the note.
[doublepost=1588043205][/doublepost]Also, this section of the forum is for introductions only. If you have any UTAU related questions, please post them on UTAhelp

Last edited:
Reactions: Auoric

Auoric

Teto's Territory
Otoing is the process of configuring your voicebank, I guess you could say it like that. Without a proper oto, the voicebank wouldn't sound nice at all. Also, you can use his breath by putting "b1" to "b6" on the note.
[doublepost=1588043205][/doublepost]Also, this section of the forum is for introductions only. If you have any UTAU related questions, please post them on UTAhelp
Thank you so much! I guess I'd have to study about otoing now. Shuu doesn't have exhale samples. What can I do?

Aeroza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you so much! I guess I'd have to study about otoing now. Shuu doesn't have exhale samples. What can I do?
For exhaling, you could use the end breaths, which are "a R", "i R", "u R", "e R", "o R".

Reactions: Auoric

Auoric

Teto's Territory
For exhaling, you could use the end breaths, which are "a R", "i R", "u R", "e R", "o R".
Thank you! On other VBs with breath samples like ritsu kire, do i use the same input? (b1, b2...) and (a R, i R) or is it unique for each VB?

Aeroza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It is sometimes different for each VB. For inhales, Ritsu Kire would use something like this "- ブレス1".
For end breaths, it would usually either be (a R, i R) or (a_R, i_R).
You could click on the UTAU icon to bring up the property of the voicebank. Usually, it would state there, the alias used for breaths and such.

zipperworks

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you! On other VBs with breath samples like ritsu kire, do i use the same input? (b1, b2...) and (a R, i R) or is it unique for each VB?

Like Aeroza just said, it can sometimes depend on the VB you're using! You can also see which samples you have to work with if you go to Tools > Voice Bank Settings and look under the "Alias" column. Those are all of the sounds the UTAU you're using can make if you put them in as a lyric.

I think it's generally pretty commonplace to use things like "a R," but I've also seen (and used) "a hh" and "a 息."

Ideally, the description will verify for you what the aliases that particular bank uses are, but in case it doesn't, it's not too hard to figure out for yourself with a little digging.

bappo

Momo's Minion
don't use shuu's "a R" use "a R息" !!!!! the ones without iki are his whisper, and sound super metallic and bad when used with his normal bank!