Help! BIZARRE PROBLEM!

cubialpha

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I have been using UTAU for a couple years now, so I'm no stranger to weird problems and glitches, but I've ALWAYS managed to find a solution.

Today, I installed UTAU on my new netbook (WinXP 32bit). I changed System Locale to Japanese, and tested it out, and hiragana notes are showing up as unidentifiable symbols. Bizarrely enough, Defoko can actually sing them, but I don't want to use UTAU like this!! I restarted computer, reinstalled UTAU, and I just can't get this figured out. PLEASE HELP :sad: Thank you.

Here is a screen shot!
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w287/toxic_fox_xx/example.png

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
xD That is exactly how my UTAU was like until recently. I couldn't seem to figure out what caused it, but I could still use hiragana banks & USTs so I just memorized the symbols to the characters.

I fixed it when I deleted the UTAU.exe from my computer & installed UTAU ver.2.77, which only has the installer version (I used the ZIP version for ver.2.76), onto my computer. Suddenly, hiragana was readable.

So, my suggestion? Whether you use the ZIP or installer version, try using the alternate one, if you haven't. If not, there's not really much you can do, unless there's a way I didn't try before just dealing with it....

cubialpha

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It worked! I dunno how, or why... BUT IT WORKED! Thank you for the helpful advice :D I really really appreciate it! IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!

irei1as

Teto's Territory
For future reference of anybody else checking this post that "issue" happens when you use directly zip UTAU sometimes.
It happens because UTAU needs some special Japanese fonts in order to show the characters correctly. I haven't figured what font it is but using the UTAU installer fixes the problem as it adds those fonts automatically.
After installing UTAU once the fonts are kept in the computer so you can uninstall UTAU and keep using zip UTAU from then.

cubialpha

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OH... That makes sense, thank you for explaining the problem to me :smile: Now I'll know for the future.