Help! Having troubles with lyrics and voicebanks.

Shine

Teto's Territory
So, hello everyone!

I've been a UTAU fan for a while, like two years, but only now started to use the software itself. I'm going to create my own UTAU, I hope, and manage to get better at it, but, oh, well, I'm having so many issues ;_;

Ok, so, I need help in the following (oh, also, I have UTAU translated in English, yes):

1.) I have NO IDEA how to input any other letter than "a, e, i, o, u"/"あ, え,い, お,う". When I try writing, like "ma/ま", the voice makes a clicky noise, or only reads the consonant, or simply doesnt sings it. I need to know how to input the lyrics correctly. D:

2.) So, my first try at UTAU was with Song of Storms, form the Zelda game, you know, that epic Ocarina music. I LOVE IT. I used Sonone Linako ACT4, a CV bank, to sing it. Used vibratto and things like that:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/shine-uta/song-of-storms-sonone-linako[/soundcloud]

I sounds ok. Yes, its not awesome, but for a first time, I'm pretty satisfied.
But the, here comes the problem.
When I tried changing the voicebank, it all went wrong. At the moment, I have Sonone Linako, Sonone Remu, VIOLETTA, CRINA, Makune Hachi, Koneko Chikara, and, obviously, Defoko. All of them in CV.
When using Sonone Linako, it sounds cool. The same happens with VIOLETTA, Defoko, and CRINA.
But then, I tried using Remu. And this happened:

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/shine-uta/song-of-storms-sonone-remu[/soundcloud]

That clicky noise. He sung some parts of the melody, but, oh god, in the rest, he just made that strange sound. The same happend with Hachi and Koneko Chikara.
I want to know why it makes that noises...Its just...HORRIBLE.
Please, explain me the easiest way possible, dont use specific vocabulary, words that I may not understand, cause I'm a beginner and I dont know how to use the most of the tools in UTAU. xD

Thank you for reading. ^^
I have other questions, but these ones are the most specific, and I really need to know how to surpass them.

PS: Sorry for my English. It's not properly...good. T.T

irei1as

Teto's Territory
It's the dot/comma issue we Europeans not users of English usually have (I see in your youtube you're from Portugal).

Open "ControlPanel" go to "Regional and Language Options" then select the "Formats" tab -> "Customize this format" and go to the "Numbers" tab.
Here change the "Decimal Symbol" (that is a comma "," if it's wrong) to a dot ".".

Now, just in case, select in UTAU all the notes, right click and "clear the cache" (just the first time is needed). After that the notes should be alright.

You don't need to restart the computer or anything so if you ever need the decimal mark to be a comma again (for example if you need to enter values in excel) just change it again to a ",".

The issue of the dot/comma comes from how resampler.exe works. So the tempo gets screwed.

As the .exe resamplers are a function coming with cmd it uses text to pass parameters so the tempo enters as 120,00 , for example, (using the coma for decimals).
Then internally the text 120,00 becomes a number but in the program the decimal are with dots so the comma is ignored and the tempo becomes 12000 instead so the white part passes at the speed of light. The pink part (the consonant part) is not affected so that's why you hear it.
Using the dot in the windows parameters the tempo becomes 120.00 and internally is correctly transcribed as 120.

Shine

Teto's Territory
irei1as link said:
It's the dot/comma issue we Europeans not users of English usually have (I see in your youtube you're from Portugal).

Open \"ControlPanel\" go to \"Regional and Language Options\" then select the \"Formats\" tab -> \"Customize this format\" and go to the \"Numbers\" tab.
Here change the \"Decimal Symbol\" (that is a comma \",\" if it's wrong) to a dot \".\".

Now, just in case, select in UTAU all the notes, right click and \"clear the cache\" (just the first time is needed). After that the notes should be alright.

You don't need to restart the computer or anything so if you ever need the decimal mark to be a comma again (for example if you need to enter values in excel) just change it again to a \",\".

The issue of the dot/comma comes from how resampler.exe works. So the tempo gets screwed.

As the .exe resamplers are a function coming with cmd it uses text to pass parameters so the tempo enters as 120,00 , for example, (using the coma for decimals).
Then internally the text 120,00 becomes a number but in the program the decimal are with dots so the comma is ignored and the tempo becomes 12000 instead so the white part passes at the speed of light. The pink part (the consonant part) is not affected so that's why you hear it.
Using the dot in the windows parameters the tempo becomes 120.00 and internally is correctly transcribed as 120.

Thank you so much!
But, oh well...I cant find Control Panel anywhere...could you, please, take a screenshot to show me where is it? Thank you again, and sorry for bothering you!

irei1as

Teto's Territory
It depends of your operative system. What's your OS? XP, Windows 7?

Usually just press your windows key or click the button that is in the bottom left part of the screen and it should be one of the options.
Also you can try to use "Help" that it should be in there and look for control pannel.

Shine

Teto's Territory
Oh, I misunderstood that. I tought that I should look for ControlPanel in the UTAU software itself. xD Sorry!
It now works, thank you so much again!