HELP! Hiragana keeps turning into question marks!

mitsubaisthebest

Momo's Minion
I have been trying to use utau today. I use a laptop thats windows 10. I have changed my locale to Japan and it shows up questionmarks whenever i try to paste hiragana! I have no idea on how to use the IME Japanese keyboard on utau. Im also using the default voice, Utane Uta. Please help!!

Kuriosity21

Momo's Minion
Did you change your locale before, or after downloading UTAU?

And by you don't know how to use the IME Japanese, do you mean that you don't know how to turn on the keyboard? Or you don't know how to get it to change to hiragana?

mitsubaisthebest

Momo's Minion
Please ensure that you've correctly followed these steps for installing UTAU: https://utaforum.net/resources/install-utau-in-english-on-windows-10.494/

Here's how you can type Japanese characters: https://cotoacademy.com/type-japanese-
It wont work for me to use the hiragana keyboard. But I have changed my decimal seprator to . but when i pasted hiragana into utau, it worked. But its now questionmarks again.
Post automatically merged:

Did you change your locale before, or after downloading UTAU?

And by you don't know how to use the IME Japanese, do you mean that you don't know how to turn on the keyboard? Or you don't know how to get it to change to hiragana?
I uninstalled UTAU after I changed my locale to Japan, then reinstalled it. I dont know why the keyboard wont let me type in hiragana and i dont know how to turn the keyboard on.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
To switch keyboards, you can click on the icon in the taskbar or use the shortcut Win+Space. By default the Japanese keyboard will use Romaji instead of Hiragana, so you can either click on the "A" button in the taskbar to switch it to あ, or use the shortcut Alt+` (backtick/tilde)

mitsubaisthebest

Momo's Minion
To switch keyboards, you can click on the icon in the taskbar or use the shortcut Win+Space. By default the Japanese keyboard will use Romaji instead of Hiragana, so you can either click on the "A" button in the taskbar to switch it to あ, or use the shortcut Alt+` (backtick/tilde)
Thanks! It actually works now!