HELP! How do I use multiple voicebanks in an UTAU project?

Fia

Momo's Minion
So I'm a total newbie that just started today. I'm making an UTAU from my famous singer and so far I've had no trouble with the voicebanks. I also got the music and ust for the song.
But I'm planning on making two voicebanks - one soft, one strong - and switch between the two. But how can I do this? So far I've searched through the Internet and only found how to use 'one' voicebank.
Can u tell me if there's a way to use multiple voicebanks in one project? I use the UTAU program btw

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I don't know if I'll explain it correctly but here I go, you need to have multiple ust/files with other voicebanks, and when you combine all the usts together/mixing it will become the song that you were trying to do/make. please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Please be careful with jinriki voicebanks, or voicebanks made from samples of people/characters without permission. You should not distribute the voicebanks publicly at any point.

For any voicebank with multiple expressions, you can distinguish between them using suffixes. In the alias field of the OTO, you can add any character you like to the end of the lyric to specify what expression it is. For example, you could have "a_S" for a strong "a" sample. You may have seen in some Japanese voicebanks that they use Japanese characters, like あ強 for a strong あ sound or あ囁 for a whispery あ sound.
Then, in the UST, you will be able to type that suffix into the lyrics to choose the expression you want to use.

JamesOvO

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Please be careful with jinriki voicebanks, or voicebanks made from samples of people/characters without permission. You should not distribute the voicebanks publicly at any point.

For any voicebank with multiple expressions, you can distinguish between them using suffixes. In the alias field of the OTO, you can add any character you like to the end of the lyric to specify what expression it is. For example, you could have "a_S" for a strong "a" sample. You may have seen in some Japanese voicebanks that they use Japanese characters, like あ強 for a strong あ sound or あ囁 for a whispery あ sound.
Then, in the UST, you will be able to type that suffix into the lyrics to choose the expression you want to use.
I almost forgot about suffixes;W; lol