Help installing Utau-Synth on Macbook Pro

Tensu

Momo's Minion
Sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong spot I'm still new to all this haha

I've been wanting to use Utau-Synth lately, but I've been having a very difficult time getting started. I've heard that you can only use Utau-Synth on Mac, so I've attempted to download Version 1.0.0 b18 (2013.1.20) from http://utau-synth.com/download.html. When I click on the download link, I get the same error message below and it doesn't download.
ZwyvC8d.png
I am running Version 10.10.5 if that makes any difference.

If anyone knows what I should do, please tell me! Thanks! :smile:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That is strange. But there's an alternate download here with the interface translated to English.
http://utaforum.net/threads/new-utau-synth-translation-project.11202/
You will still need to use the official website to get the 30 day usage code every month.

If you don't mind fiddling around a lot, you can get the windows version of UTAU to work through Wine. I use wineskin to create wrapper apps, which is easier than installing it via Terminal.

Reactions: Tensu

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Oh! I've gotten that issue before
I think it's more so a server error than it is thr computer. I never found a way to fix it, I was just able to get on it without getting an error after a certain amount of time. It was strange.
But I strongly suggest you follow the link that Kiyoteru gave and download the English translated version, especially if you are new to utau synth

-------------------------

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Quick tip, when you're downloading voicebanks make sure you set your language and region preferences on japanese and make sure it's the primary, your mac will then reset to japanese settings but it will help with japanese lettering for each voice samples for the banks you download. if you want to set your mac to english again then you will have to set it to primary again.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Quick tip, when you're downloading voicebanks make sure you set your language and region preferences on japanese and make sure it's the primary, your mac will then reset to japanese settings but it will help with japanese lettering for each voice samples for the banks you download. if you want to set your mac to english again then you will have to set it to primary again.
This isn't necessary, actually. Use Unarchiver to unzip Japanese voicebanks instead of the default unzipping app. If there are encoding issues, Unarchiver will give you the option to select the correct one. That way, you can leave your computer in your preferred language.

Reactions: Nohkara and Tensu

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You're doing it correctly, what should happen is that a new window with the license agreement opens up and you can agree to it. I don't know why it wouldn't go through, since you've only just installed UTAU-Synth. (People who have been using it for a while sometimes have an issue where they can't reactivate it because the code on the website hasn't been updated yet.)

-------------------------

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This isn't necessary, actually. Use Unarchiver to unzip Japanese voicebanks instead of the default unzipping app. If there are encoding issues, Unarchiver will give you the option to select the correct one. That way, you can leave your computer in your preferred language.
I do use unarchiver, I didn't know unarchiver had options tho, lol.

snowlions

Momo's Minion
I'm a newbie too in this and I have the same issue... its still not working for me yet I downloaded via English Transl. version