Resource icon

Resource Help Recording CV, VCV, CVVC

Yanderu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yanderu submitted a new resource:

Help Recording CV, VCV, CVVC - Need help recording? get some help here.

Single Sound Source (CV)
The basics, CV. A basic CV reclist should contain all necessary sounds plus some extras. The links below this are to CV reclists. The first link sends you to a Japanese page if you are on Chrome have it translate the site into your language. The second link is to 2 basic CV lists by YukitoYuki.
Hiragana Lists:
https://www45.atwiki.jp/vbmaker/pages/18.html...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: Nythoma

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know you're just trying to help, but there's quite an amount of misleading information here and I wouldn't want to see it getting spread around.
A basic CV reclist should contain all necessary sounds plus some extras.
If you're doing the absolute basics you really only need the essential sounds in Japanese. Extra samples after that are just to enhance the voicebank.
You MUST record (VCV) to BGM.
BGM is not required for VCV. A metronome is perfectly acceptable. The purpose of a regular rhythm is sample consistency.
I recommend 90-140 bpm BGM.
90-140 is simply a common range, but tempos like 60bpm and 200bpm also have an actual useful purpose in UTAU.
You also must use OREMO to record
You do not need to use OREMO. Although OREMO is a time-saving tool, you are free to use ANYTHING to record a VCV bank. I know a few users who even record on their mobile phones, then transfer the wav files to their computers for configuration.
and SetParam to oto.
You do not need to use SetParam. If you are already using OREMO, and a hiragana VCV reclist, you can use OREMO's OTO generator to create a base. Or, regardless of recording software, you can use Moresampler's base OTO generator for banks encoded in hiragana or in romaji with syllables separated by underscores. For fine-tuning the OTO, SetParam is a time-saving tool, but UTAU or UTAU-Synth's built-in OTO editor is still completely valid for use.
CVVC is a mixture of CV and VCV
CVVC means Consonant-Vowel, Vowel-Consonant. This is because CVVC banks consist of CV samples and VC samples. This doesn't mean it's strictly one consonant and one vowel, though. For languages more complex than Japanese (such as English) you may have clusters of consonants in samples like "sta". This is still a CV.
you must know how to oto VCV and CV before this.
You do not need to know how to OTO VCV to create a CVVC bank. CV is a given, but otoing VCs is wholly independent of VCV otoing skills.

Yanderu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I know you're just trying to help, but there's quite an amount of misleading information here and I wouldn't want to see it getting spread around.

If you're doing the absolute basics you really only need the essential sounds in Japanese. Extra samples after that are just to enhance the voicebank.

BGM is not required for VCV. A metronome is perfectly acceptable. The purpose of a regular rhythm is sample consistency.

90-140 is simply a common range, but tempos like 60bpm and 200bpm also have an actual useful purpose in UTAU.

You do not need to use OREMO. Although OREMO is a time-saving tool, you are free to use ANYTHING to record a VCV bank. I know a few users who even record on their mobile phones, then transfer the wav files to their computers for configuration.

You do not need to use SetParam. If you are already using OREMO, and a hiragana VCV reclist, you can use OREMO's OTO generator to create a base. Or, regardless of recording software, you can use Moresampler's base OTO generator for banks encoded in hiragana or in romaji with syllables separated by underscores. For fine-tuning the OTO, SetParam is a time-saving tool, but UTAU or UTAU-Synth's built-in OTO editor is still completely valid for use.

CVVC means Consonant-Vowel, Vowel-Consonant. This is because CVVC banks consist of CV samples and VC samples. This doesn't mean it's strictly one consonant and one vowel, though. For languages more complex than Japanese (such as English) you may have clusters of consonants in samples like "sta". This is still a CV.

You do not need to know how to OTO VCV to create a CVVC bank. CV is a given, but otoing VCs is wholly independent of VCV otoing skills.
Ahhh thank you so much, I will try to address these issues right away!