Help, the voiceclip seems super wierd when I opens it in UTAU

Pupperty

Teto's Territory
Sorry I'm new here and I don't know how to named a thread, but I want to go straight to the point...

So, I recored a vcv voicebank and I want to check if it will work or not so I dropped some of the voiceclip into the software.

And this is what the voiceclip looks like in the program when I clicked the Lunch Editor (after I tried to Intialize freq. map and nothing happened, so I looked up here)
The second image is what the voiceclip looks like when I opened it in other program (Audacity)
images

Could some one tell my why this is happened and how I can fix this?

If there's any thread that already have the answer, you can post the thread here, please.
Because I have no idea what's going on here ...

Big_B

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello!

Ohh, I think it's a pretty simple problem to fix. Did you tried to select your sample (The wav. File) and then press the "Initialize Freq map"?

If you do everything alright you will see a circle or another symbol at the end of your sample's name.

Pupperty

Teto's Territory
Hello!

Ohh, I think it's a pretty simple problem to fix. Did you tried to select your sample (The wav. File) and then press the "Initialize Freq map"?

If you do everything alright you will see a circle or another symbol at the end of your sample's name.

The problem is I tried to press that button many times and nothing happens, and the voiceclip still looks crazy. orz

Er, but here I just solved the problem by try to remove a dot (.) from voicebank's "character.txt" text file, and it works normally now like nothing happend. I seems like I accidently added an unnessessary symbol in the file and cause an error to the program...
And I tried to save the file again because I just searched and found out that I may saved the file wrong...

Anyway thank you for your help! and sorry for wasting your time orz

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The audio looks distorted in UTAU because of this:
upload_2020-4-22_17-40-12.png

You accidentally saved your file as a 16kHz 32 bit WAV file. It needs to be 44.1kHz and 16bit in order to be more compatible.
A lower sample rate like 16kHz is lower quality and will be missing higher frequencies, which will likely make the voice sound muffled. If possible, please record your voicebank again from scratch with the correct audio settings.

Reactions: Big_B

Pupperty

Teto's Territory
The audio looks distorted in UTAU because of this:
View attachment 9051

You accidentally saved your file as a 16kHz 32 bit WAV file. It needs to be 44.1kHz and 16bit in order to be more compatible.
A lower sample rate like 16kHz is lower quality and will be missing higher frequencies, which will likely make the voice sound muffled. If possible, please record your voicebank again from scratch with the correct audio settings.

Oh, I see now.
Thank you for your help!

Reactions: Big_B and Kiyoteru