help with breaths (specifically yamine renri)

aphelionic

Teto's Territory
i'm new to utau and i want my first cover (using yamine renri) to sound less awkward, so i want to add breaths to the audio. i've done some research and others have said that adding breaths in during mixing is better rather than adding them into the ust. the thing is, for renri, i can't seem to find her proper breath sounds? there is a folder in her utau files labeled "ブレス"(breath) and there are audio files labeled breath01, breath02 etc. when i ported these to audacity to check what they sounded like, they were more like quiet tonal "ha"s instead of breaths. am i missing something? please help!

szumek

Momo's Minion
I think that her breaths are just ends of some of her samples when her voice provider was taking a breath, so its ending of the vowel and a breath. In her vb the vowel is cuten off in the oto, so just cut the vowel off and left the breath during mixing

Reactions: aphelionic

aphelionic

Teto's Territory
i see. thanks for the tips! eventually after going through the readme file several times and with some trial and error i figured out how to make her breaths sound ok, but i still dont know how to use them lol

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
After rendering the vocal line, you'd just drag and drop them where a human singer would hypothetically take a breath. Eg between lines, before the start of a stanza etc. You can listen to a human singer or try to sing it yourself to see where breaths would naturally go. I often find that I have to go back and shorten notes make more room for breaths in the vocal part because as I go to add in breaths I realize I just... didn't leave enough room for breaths, which I think is easy to do when making/editing the UST since they don't actually have to breathe.

Last edited: