Help with matsudappoiyo?

viiridiian

Momo's Minion
Uh, this is probably a really stupid question but i can't seem to find an answer for it + I only started using UTAU yesterday so I get a free dumb question pass (/s). You see, whenever I open literally any ust borrowed™ from literally anyone and try to suit it for poiyo I have to add a '- ' (dash) before every sound. It gets annoying and I'm not quite sure if it should be like that. So i have 2 questions:

1) Should it be like this? I've seen people say it's supposed to only be necessary after rests, but if I don't put it on every sound it just goes silent.

2) If the answer to question one is positive, then is there some kind of a plugin to make that automatic? It gets annoying and, as I said, other people don't have this kind of problem.

Note: as you could've guessed, yeah, that only happens to poiyo. Is it just a thing some specific UTAUs have? Because for example Teto works just fine without them.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
This is a type of voicebank called "VCV". It's not actually supposed to be a dash every note, it's meant to be like this:

Code:
[- ど][o し][i よ][o も][o な][a い]

So, you're supposed to use the vowel from the previous note. That's because this kind of VB has roughly 5-6 times the samples of a VB like the regular (CV) Teto-- not only every syllable in the Japanese syllabary, but also each of the symbols + each Japanese vowel in order to make the transitions more natural. Thus V C V -- Vowel - Consonant - Vowel

You can also imagine this would be hell to do manually. There are definitely plugins! Try looking up Iroiro2, it has an english option, and does more than just this-- but you''d be looking for the "CV -> VCV conversion" feature!