help with VCV utau that is not working

dinoweb

Momo's Minion
I have multiple vcv utaus that will not work. (as in they will play the song but not make any noise at all.) please help. i dont know what the issue is and ive heard of otoing but i dont know how to do it and i dont know if that is the problem. The utau is completely silent.

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Not sure if this is your problem, but if you're writing the lyrics like
Code:
[か][え][る][の][う][た][が] or [ka][e][ru][no][u][ta][ga]
with just single diphones rather than
Code:
[- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]
the VCV voicebank wont work. It needs to have the preceeding vowel or dash to call the correct sample in the UST. The inclusion of the end of the previous vowel before the next lyric is basically the fundamental difference between CV and VCV.

If you don't want to do this manually, you can get a plugin like Iroiro to automatically add the VCV prefixes to every note.

dinoweb

Momo's Minion
Oh thank you! that might be it i just put in notes like a or something and use the plugin romanji to katakana. Let me see maybe that is the issue.
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if this is your problem, but if you're writing the lyrics like
Code:
[か][え][る][の][う][た][が] or [ka][e][ru][no][u][ta][ga]
with just single diphones rather than
Code:
[- か][a え][e る][u の][o う][u た][a が]
the VCV voicebank wont work. It needs to have the preceeding vowel or dash to call the correct sample in the UST. The inclusion of the end of the previous vowel before the next lyric is basically the fundamental difference between CV and VCV.

If you don't want to do this manually, you can get a plugin like Iroiro to automatically add the VCV prefixes to every note.
oh wait1621449550345.png
do you know what to do here? this is what comes up on the plugin. how do i use it to make the utauloids work? sorry

Last edited:

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Oh thank you! that might be it i just put in notes like a or something and use the plugin romanji to katakana. Let me see maybe that is the issue.
Post automatically merged:

oh waitView attachment 10327
do you know what to do here? this is what comes up on the plugin. how do i use it to make the utauloids work? sorry
Ah sorry, I forgot it doesn't set itself to English by default. There's instructions on how to do that here, just scroll down to Iroiro 2.