Hentai's Great MMD Bounty Hunt (Contest)

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In my most recent shenanigans I traded some web design services for an UTAU original songs, the producer I did this trade with is somewhat well known, and has something specific in mind and asked if I had an MMD model he could use. Not one to let down, I told him I didn't 'yet' but I would look into having one commissioned.

Since, I don't know where to begin when it comes to MMD, or rather, everyone I know isn't accepting commissions at this time, I am gonna place a public bounty on the project and have assigned a value that I thought was fair if I was doing a commission, with the Primary Bounty being paid to the best submission completed within the time-frame.

This contest accommodates multiple people with up to three prizes available for each category, with one Primary Bounty, and up yo two half-value prizes for each category. The total prizes for this contest iare valued are $125. Time-frame is determined by the first valid Primary Bounty submission for that category, with that category's contest ending one week after that submission's date.

Any Bounty submitted within one week first valid Primary Bounty shall be eligible for the Primary Bounty prize. If only only one Primary Bounty is submitted within that time-frame that submission is the instant winner of its contest. If multiple submissions are eligible, then the submissions shall be put to vote by the community (poll on UtaForum) with the winner receiving the Primary Bounty, and  two runners up receiving half-prizes.

Since this contest is in the 'bounty' format eligibility is heavily dependent on time, so quicker is better, though quality may determine what prize you get and/or make your submission invalid if too rushed. Please take your time with your submissions, if prizes are unawarded at the end of this contest, you may still be eligible after the fact if you have a quality submission.

Bounties are to be paid in either USD via PayPal or Points via DeviantArt with Point bounties receiving a bonus to their redemption value. Bounty is paid to the first submission that meets ALL bounty specifications. Up to two (2) additional 'runner up' bounties may be awarded to for valid submissions. All bounties expire 11:50 PM on December 31, 2012. Please allow up to one week for submission approval and final bounty awards.

Notice: Only original models are eligible for Primary Bounty prizes. Edited models my be eligible for Second or Third Bounty prizes if they disclose all base parts used and comply with all part licences. In event multiple original models are submitted for Primary Bounty the 'runners up' receive priority on all prizes.

Otakune Weeaboo (Human Fanart)
4,000 Points ($50 Value) or PayPal $40 USD - Primary Bounty
2,000 Points ($25 Value) or PayPal $20 USD - Second & Third Bounty

weeaboofanart.png
Otakune Weeaboo in his human form has no 'official' design, rather his human appearance has always been based off of fan interpretation of his 'postmodern minimalist' original art. The first 'fanart' of his design was done by Furokun of VocaloidOtaku and has served as the basis for every commission since.

Since there is no 'official' design creative licence may be taken on some aspects of this design. That being said a "white flag, with red circle in the middle" is requested, though not required. Model must include an open licence and the ability to be redistributed to be valid.

Otakune Weeaboo (Stick Figure)
1,000 Points ($12.50 Value) or PayPal $10 USD - Primary Bounty
  500 Points ($6.25 Value) or PayPal $5 USD - Second & Third Bounty

weeabox3d.png

The 'postmodern minimalist' aka 'stick figure' design is the art that graces Otakune Weeaboo's boxart and remains the only official design as his ExtenZed boxart contains no character art at all. If necessary concept art is available for reference, but it remains purely concept, is unofficial, and merely represented Weeaboo in his beta form.

While the body should be relatively easy, how you tackle the head is a challenge in itself. The best approach would probably be to have a 3D head and a flat 'mask'-like accessory to act as a 'face'. This however, is only one approach, feel free to take creative licence on this issue.

For all those that choose to tackle Stick Figure Otakune may Sappokei's World is Weeaboo's fanart act as a guide and inspiration to you all.  Model must include an open licence and the ability to be redistributed to be valid.

Warning: Unauthorized use of MMD materials will not only make any submission null and void, but also shall be considered a violation of the Community Standards and violators blacklisted wherever these are enforced.

All submissions must meet a minimum quality level. Minimum quality level is the sole determination of event host. Submissions should be fully boned and 'complete'. Contest details are subject to change. Last modified: 11/27/12

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This sounds like fun, and I've been wanting to learn how to make original models.
I think I'll take a crack at it.

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Definitely giving this one a shot.
The only thing that makes me weary is the deadline is hazy. I don't know how much I can do since finals are fast approaching, so can you at least give a deadline that's around the end of January, because I'm sure I'm not the only one with finals due.

Oh, and I think it's also worth asking how the models will be judged. Do we need to send them to you to get them evaluated? I'm not exactly comfortable with it because I generally like being compensated for my work and this runs the risk of me wasting time for nothing.

(Also, this being a contest, I understand this is a risk that is inherent, but the problem with models is that once sent to you, you could use them in any way you wanted even if they weren't winners of the competition)

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yea, time is intentionally ambiguous on purpose to encourage speed. Part of the reason it is being held right about now is precisely because people's Winter breaks are coming. My own finals start next week!

That being said if there are prizes left over at the end of the contest I would be open to award them to late entries. In the case that all prizes run out I would be open to negotiating a specific commission to see partially-finished works to completion, especially if it is a fully original work.

As I am not one to waste anyone's time. If you can prove you started it beforehand, show significant progress has already been made, I would be willing to make completing it worth your time, though at an obviously reduced rate, as my coffers would likely have been drained by the contest.

As for how models will be judged, that is a very good question.
To prove that the model is complete and fully boned I would ask for a video demonstration. Preferably using the song PoPiPo, a song already covered by Otakune Weeaboo, and one that has motion data readily available. If your video submission is approved, we would wait a week before determining the final order of prizes.

Before receiving final payment I would require the model to be closely inspected to make sure no rules have been violated, model meets design specifications, is fully boned, and unauthorized parts have not recycled, etc. etc. but if you are paranoid, and you video demonstration passes muster, I would be willing to give up to half the prize up-front while we review your model.

In case you don't win anything in the contest you will not be required to release anything you have already made. Your work is yours to keep, to do with as you will.

Sound fair to you?

Meta

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
That sounds perfectly fair :smile: Thanks for responding. I look forwards to working on this.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I forgot almost this existed but remembered just in time. Here is an additional reference video...

Bad AppAL Live Adaptation

Totally not-legit, but quite humorous, fits with theme, and might provide some inspiration to those tackling the Stick Figure category.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
And there we have it, the first valid entry for the main prize is by Pidadude.

【MMD Newcommer】 Otakune Weeaboo

So with this entry submitted the countdown starts now.

Anyone who was participating has till 11:49PM on 12/17 to upload a sample video. From there polls will be created to decide prize order. If no one else makes a valid submission then Pikadude automatically wins the grand prize.

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Just wanted to show you some of my progress so far.
I'm just starting with making my own models so I decided to just try the stick figure one.
I made it in metasequoia, and I'm currently adding bones to it in PMDe.
10s9fsx.jpg
After the bones, I'll add textures and everything else.