Hi, I'm new. Anyone got tips for using English VCCVs?

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hey! As the title says, I'm really new here. I've only used UTAU maybe 5 or 6 times, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'm trying to make a UST for a fast song (not exctly entry level LMAO ;u:wink: and I am having. A time with it. The song is Hina Nige --->
What I mostly need tips on is: how do I get vaguely coherent-sounding words at a high speed? Which is already hard enough to do singing normally, moreso with a synthesizer.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Refer to the official tutorial here:

Namely, make sure to adjust the consonant velocity! This will give you clearer results at higher tempos.

Yanderu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Here's some of mine I usually find helpful.
1) Get familiar with the aliasing/encoding system.
2) Know where to put every [-CV], [CV], [V C], [VC], [VC-], [-CC], [CC], [C C], [CC-] properly. Most of the time I use the [-CV], [CV], [V C], and [VC-], [-CC], [CC], [CC-] I rarely the [VC]'s <-- Easier than you think.
3) Like @Kiyoteru said use consonant velocity. Like ****, its magic

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
2) Know where to put every [-CV], [CV], [V C], [VC], [VC-], [-CC], [CC], [C C], [CC-] properly. Most of the time I use the [-CV], [CV], [V C], and [VC-], [-CC], [CC], [CC-] I rarely the [VC]'s <-- Easier than you think.
Thank you!
Refer to the official tutorial here:

Namely, make sure to adjust the consonant velocity! This will give you clearer results at higher tempos.

Thanks, I had no idea about the consonant velocity!

Dusky_y

Teto's Territory

How do you know where to put every "[-CV], [CV], [V C], [VC], [VC-], [-CC], [CC], [C C], [CC-]" in the right places? Im also new and ive watched PaintedCz's tutorials a bunch. Is this describing where you put dashes? (screenshot)Capture.PNG

I was in the middle of making my voicebank using her tutorials when my laptop completely died and i had to get a new one. Im starting from square one but before recording again, i decided to practice with Czloid. I just cant figure out how to incorporate the dashes....
For example, in the screenshot i took from PaintedCz's USTing tutorial, i have no idea why she put "-sE" rather than "sE" in the first note.

edit: its my first time interacting with people on this forum!

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hyphens are used for samples that come immediately before or after a rest. It allows that sample to transition effectively to and from silence, rather than starting or stopping suddenly.

Reactions: Dusky_y and Nohkara