Hi! Reclist help needed

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
Hi everyone! I'm new here but have been into UTAU and Vocaloid for awhile now. I recently found this awesome website and I knew I had to join!

I'm struggling to make my own reclist because I'm not comfortable downloading reclists off of download sites. Even if certain download sites are considered safe, I really don't want to risk it.

If theres any way anyone could message me a copy or preferably a pdf of CZ's English VCCV and a Japanese VCV reclist, that would help me so much. I really want to record my UTAU soon. Thanks!!

Reactions: Big_B

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Links to the official VCCV English reclist download and tutorial series are in the description of this video.

These are the official direct links.

If you would like a basic and efficient Japanese VCV reclist, here are a few options you can try.

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
Thank you, Kiyoteru! This is very helpful, I can't wait to get started with the Japanese bank!

For the english bank, I was hoping there was a pdf or similar form of the CZ reclist so I could open it.
I've visited both links on CZ's video and don't feel safe downloading files from there. I'm sure the sites are ok but it would be my luck :'/

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
These are the original download links created by the writer of the reclist. If you were to download the reclist from elsewhere, it could be a modified version of the list that doesn't exactly match. Additionally, this version of the reclist is intended for use in OREMO, which will help you record everything line by line and automatically save files with the correct filenames. Please refer to the other videos in the tutorial series for information on how to set up and use it.

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
These are the original download links created by the writer of the reclist. If you were to download the reclist from elsewhere, it could be a modified version of the list that doesn't exactly match. Additionally, this version of the reclist is intended for use in OREMO, which will help you record everything line by line and automatically save files with the correct filenames. Please refer to the other videos in the tutorial series for information on how to set up and use it.
Oh, I think I sorta understand it a little better now. At least I hope I do, since I’m basically new to UTAU.
It looks like CZ’s list is tailored to a particular program.

I guess I just need an English reclist with just the sounds listed I need to record, kinda like the Japanese reclists you sent me. I don’t see why somebody who already has CZ’s list downloaded couldn’t take the list and convert it to pdf or even screenshot the list?

I understand that Oremo may be the best option for most people making voice banks, but I was hoping I wouldn’t have to download something else. I use a music software for recording and I can name the files manually. I’ve done a few test recordings that way and it has worked great so far. I just need to know what exactly to record. I hope I’m not coming off as stubborn, that isn’t my intention. I’m just looking for an alternative to downloading stuff I’m not familiar with.

Thank you for your posts and I really appreciate your help. If I’m unable to use CZ’s English reclist, then I’ll try to rewrite mine. I had one written and finished but I lost it, unfortunately. I would just really be bummed out if I had to rewrite it again, it took a really long time to write :0

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
English is a very complex language, so in order to cover every combination of phonemes, it requires long reclists. Writing an entire custom reclist scratch will allow you to deeply customize exactly how everything works, but as a beginner, it'll be easier to stick to the most common systems.

Besides VCCV, you may also want to look into ARPAsing. This is also another common/standardized method for English in UTAU. One major advantage of this over VCCV is that you can use ARPAsing voicebanks in OpenUtau with a feature that will automatically convert English words to phonemes. This makes it much easier to write lyrics and edit notes.

SneezyEevee

Momo's Minion
English is a very complex language, so in order to cover every combination of phonemes, it requires long reclists. Writing an entire custom reclist scratch will allow you to deeply customize exactly how everything works, but as a beginner, it'll be easier to stick to the most common systems.

Besides VCCV, you may also want to look into ARPAsing. This is also another common/standardized method for English in UTAU. One major advantage of this over VCCV is that you can use ARPAsing voicebanks in OpenUtau with a feature that will automatically convert English words to phonemes. This makes it much easier to write lyrics and edit notes.
Thank you so much! I'll check out ARPAsing! :sing: