Hi, so small eeny teeny tiny question

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hey okay so, I'm an avid UTAU user who very recently got Vocaloid 5. I was wondering, how do I format the VPR..? Like as in are there different formats like how UTAU has CV, VCV, VCCV, CVVC, CVC, and others I'm probably forgetting? Are the JP VBs in Hiragana or Romanji, or does it just depend on the voicebank? How do you format the English voicebanks, is it like SynthV where you just put the words in, or is it more like UTAU where you have to insert the single syllables? Can you edit the pronunciation if the first option is how it works? Also how do you tune??

Thanks so much and happy holidays! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Big_B

HanatheNeko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
from what i know from using a couple trials for v4 (it's basically the same type of process), for english, you just put in the words and it makes the phonemes itself or you can force specific phonemes.
for japanese, you just put in romaji or hiragana.
basically you put in words or syllables and it handles it for you.
hope this helps a little :3

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
oh dUDe that's amazing
I made the post a bit early and due to my prior knowledge of Vsynths I was able to figure most of it out. Still wondering if there's somewhere I can look at like..the pronunciation of the english phonemes..? like wtf is dz and @ and how do i figure out how to use english voicebanks
I loaded an english VSQx i converted to VPR for a test and i'm so lost, plus i have no idea how to even search for a resource like that
this is so unclear i'm so sorry haha

Reactions: Big_B