Hi there, Chorva here!

Chorvaqueen

tonileon apologist
Supporter
Actually, my interest in UTAU has returned.

I'm interested in developing an English UTAU vb because I want to mess with my voice.
I actually have one currently in development but I'm pretty much recording things using trial and error and well, mostly just for the sake of hearing how I sound.

I came here to find tips on how to make a decent VB and discover other VB's that are capable of singing in English (I read that it's harder compared to the usual JPN V:shades:.

[sub]do i sound demanding, i hope not [/sub]  ಥ_ಥ

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hi Chorva. :3 I've got an English bank (who's very close to being released), so I can help you out if you need. There's a lot of people good at English UTAU that hang around here. Are you using the lite or full reclist?

One thing I'd like to add is that you should always have a good bank to look at OTOs and recordings for. If you're using the lite list I'd download Tony Yonne or Lizett, and for the full list CZloid was the most help for pronunciation and OTO reference for me.

Chorvaqueen

tonileon apologist
Supporter
Ant link said:
Are you using the lite or full reclist?

Nothing like those as of the moment. I recorded using trial and error. I have no idea how OTOing works.

right now i like how my voice sounds in UTAU but I'd love to learn how to get rid of those background noises and actually put an OTO on the vb

[edit]
definitely checking those VB's out

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
for doing it yourself, that's pretty neat. Usually for English, people use a method called "CV VC." That is, the word is split in half: [consonant + vowel] in the first part, then [vowel + consonant]. What I'd do is get used to using CV VC English banks before you go and record them, unless you think you're fine without doing that.

It's going to be very very very hard to record your UTAU without a reclist, I'd grab one and start recording from it. Chezziechan has some awesome tutorials on pronunciation, use, and configuration of English banks on YouTube, most people use her reclists as well. As for OTO.INI, that's pretty much a must for all UTAUs, regardless of language. For English it is tough in the beginning, but all the CV parts are OTOed identically, VCs are OTOed identically, so on and so on. So like a quarter of the way through you will be used to doing it.

Oh, and there are two reclists: one for lite and one for full. Lite has less recordings but is more limited, and the full has more. It's up to you to decide which you like best.

Also yay you're doing Daisy Bell. ^^