Hiatus.

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm terrible at doing these sorts of things, so please bear with me here.

So, as some of you may know, I've been making a new UTAU. Or well, trying to at least. I said that I'd be making a lot of voicebanks for him, considering he was going to be my last publicly available UTAU, but I realized that I was not going to be able to finish all of them before my set deadline, May 28th, which happens to be my birthday. That was fine, since I was able to at least record his core voicebank along with it's appends. But it turned out to be a big flop. Most of the samples sounded distorted, muffled or just plain weird when rendered through UTAU (this isn't because of .frq file issues, I checked), there were a lot of samples that I completely forgot to record like the entire F#2 pitch for his Power append, and some pitches had very inconsistent tones, making them sound weird and unnatural when blending with other samples.

This took a huge blow to my self-confidence since I was hyping him up and I was really proud of him and whatnot, and I just got really depressed and stressed out. Or well, more so than before.

My stress and depression is amplified due to the standards that the UTAU community has set nowadays, what with having your voicebank be a VCV voicebank with a very powerful voice and vocal fries and whatnot, and if your artwork or design isn't perfect then most people won't use them. I've talked about this before and I'm saying this again: I'm not doing these voicebanks solely for myself. If that were completely the case then I never would have thought to release any of my voicebanks.

I could always just re-record the samples, but I've been working on this for two weeks and I won't be able to record for a couple of months due to summer vacation and not being able to enter our school during that time.

I'm not leaving for good, I am gonna come back. I just need to get over this stress and depression first and I don't know how long that will take.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, then take care of yourself and I hope you'll enjoy your Summer vacation =S Sometimes it's good to take a break and relieve a bit, especially if it can threaten your health

Reactions: Mako and Nohkara

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Similarly to what happened with partial, this hiatus didn't really last long, lol.

I think I'm ready to do UTAU stuff again, and even more art stuff since I've started to enjoy doing that more recently. I'll admit, I am still stressed, but right now it's at a point where I can manage it, hopefully.

Tomorrow I'll be recording a proper VCV voicebank for my UTAU with a new recording setup since I still have 2 weeks of school left.

so yeah wheee :sing:

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Similarly to what happened with partial, this hiatus didn't really last long, lol.

I think I'm ready to do UTAU stuff again, and even more art stuff since I've started to enjoy doing that more recently. I'll admit, I am still stressed, but right now it's at a point where I can manage it, hopefully.

Tomorrow I'll be recording a proper VCV voicebank for my UTAU with a new recording setup since I still have 2 weeks of school left.

so yeah wheee :sing:
Also remember to always do this for you, since our community is fairly small you must remember to so this for fun and to make yourself happy! (I can help with your VCV if you want)

Reactions: Mako