How can I make a UTAU sing right(re-installation corruption)

ToastSchinkennn

Momo's Minion
Hi guys, I tried asking once but, it wasn't very helpful that's why I decided asking again, giving clearer details:
I installed the App according to many tutorials right (setting my locale to japan, moving the folder to documents, and starting in administrator-mode), but everytime I put my Utauloids (Ritsu, Ruko, Shuu and Sora Denatsu) into the voice folder and load a UST with them, they don't sing right, some syllables are missing or sound gibberish- very corrupted. I re-installed UTAU, because of some errors before, and before the re-installation, they sang the UST right and only needed a little bit tuning (what caused the errors), but everything seems corrupted now. I reinstalled over 10x everything, including USTs and Voicebanks+ Plugins, but the error's still there. Here's what it sounds like (may I?):

some people said it's the Oto, even though it seems fine to me, and worked once before the re-installation. Because they are actually really good UTAUs I wouldn't even know what could've caused the failed Oto, if it's really their fault, because that normally wouldn't happen, right? And can I somehow get the oto of them work right from the start (because I've seen some people downloading UTAUS and they didn't have to fix them right after the download)

So to sum up: What can I do to make my UTAUs sing according to the UST and if it's the Oto, how can I download UTAUs/USTs right, so the Oto, doesn't get corrupted?

Extra-info: I downloaded everything from the original website and also tried using Auto CVVC and Back to CV and the reset+acpt+p2p3+acpt

Last edited:

Kuriosity21

Momo's Minion
Hi guys, I tried asking once but, it wasn't very helpful that's why I decided asking again, giving clearer details:
I installed the App according to many tutorials right (setting my locale to japan, moving the folder to documents, and starting in administrator-mode), but everytime I put my Utauloids (Ritsu, Ruko, Shuu and Sora Denatsu) into the voice folder and load a UST with them, they don't sing right, some syllables are missing or sound gibberish- very corrupted. I re-installed UTAU, because of some errors before, and before the re-installation, they sang the UST right and only needed a little bit tuning (what caused the errors), but everything seems corrupted now. I reinstalled over 10x everything, including USTs and Voicebanks+ Plugins, but the error's still there. Here's what it sounds like (may I?):

some people said it's the Oto, even though it seems fine to me, and worked once before the re-installation. Because they are actually really good UTAUs I wouldn't even know what could've caused the failed Oto, if it's really their fault, because that normally wouldn't happen, right? And can I somehow get the oto of them work right from the start (because I've seen some people downloading UTAUS and they didn't have to fix them right after the download)

So to sum up: What can I do to make my UTAUs sing according to the UST and if it's the Oto, how can I download UTAUs/USTs right, so the Oto, doesn't get corrupted?

Extra-info: I downloaded everything from the original website and also tried using Auto CVVC and Back to CV and the reset+acpt+p2p3+acpt

Select all the notes (CTRL+A) and right click, click properties, clear preutterance, overlap and STP, and set modulation to 0. Then, click reset+acpt+p2p3+acpt and it should work.utauthing.PNG

Reactions: Big_B

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
From my experiences, when utau crashes it usually tends to be because of the decimal settings on the computer. Since you didnt mention having to change it in the original post it might be worth to take a look. go to controlpanel -> time and region -> region, then hit the more options/ Advanced settings in the formats tab. There, change the decimal setting in the numers tab to a dot ( . ).

ToastSchinkennn

Momo's Minion
From my experiences, when utau crashes it usually tends to be because of the decimal settings on the computer. Since you didnt mention having to change it in the original post it might be worth to take a look. go to controlpanel -> time and region -> region, then hit the more options/ Advanced settings in the formats tab. There, change the decimal setting in the numers tab to a dot ( . ).
lol it was a "," indeed. I changed it now thank you. AND IT WORKED T^T (I wuv you)