How did you discover UTAU?

danish cake

fffffff
Defender of Defoko
How'd you come across it? Did you like it at first? Have your opinions of UTAU changed at any point?
Sorry if there's a thread like this...

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Ironically, I found out about UTAU from one of a link found on Vocaloid Wikipedia page.

Choko

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Found it through YouTube when I thought that teto was a VOCALOID. XD And then I researched and found out what UTAU is...

Dae-dae

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
When I was 6 thought Teto was a Vocaloid (The videos of her at the time didn't say "UTAU")
eventually I found out Teto was an UTAUloid and other videos of other UTAU's (both official and unofficial)
for some reason I was only interested in playing UTAU rather then making my own until now.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Not exactly sure how I discovered UTAU, it was most likely immediately after my discovery of Vocaloid. Probably Triple Baka. I know that when I started UTAU, it was when I recorded my first voicebank on October 26 2011 at about 9 pm.

I was first prompted to look up Vocaloid when I saw this. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1680544/

rainbowpawa

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO
TETO

aplusod

Teto's Territory
Learning about vocaloid on the wikia, when the UTAU wikia was just one really unorganized page on the vocaloid wikia. I was interested in the tons of fanmades (before that became its own wikia also) and started making (really bad) OCs. By the time I found a microphone and decided to try UTAU, the UTAU wikia had moved to be its own thing...
I think there was also some MMD thing of Love&Joy (or some other dance/cover) with Momo, Luna, and Mako that got me confused enough to at least learn what UTAU was.

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Dont' remember the specifics on my discovering UTAU, but it was definitely as a result of looking for a free alternative to Vocaloid (which I discovered on July 6th, 2013. But that's another story). Since UTAU isn't as realistic as Vocaloid I was somewhat disappointed at first, but I kept searching YouTube for some decent English UTAU & finally discovered & downloaded WALTT. However, I found English CVVC hard to work with so my first cover was with Teto CV & Defoko.

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I found out about it when browsing for info about Vocaloid, lots of stuff came up about UTAU and how people mistake it for Vocaloid and what not. I never paid it much mind until A. I learned it was free, B. I discovered Nyan cat was a result of it (Which still fascinates me, even though I hate Nyan cat), and C. I learned that people actually used it and liked it.

My opinions of UTAU were mostly indifferent at first. I'm mostly positive towards it now.

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I found out through the magic of Youtube when I was around 13 T 7 T I had no idea what it was, and had no idea what vocaloid was until I researched and then decided I wanted to make one on my own. My opinion towards UTAU has only gone from "What is this poop" to "I love this poop ; 7 ; ~<3"

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
In my early Vocaloid fan days, I stumbled across Triple Baka. I looked up Teto and Neru since I was curious and discovered that Teto was an UTAU and Neru was a fanmade Vocaloid. I understood that UTAU was like Vocaloid but free that time. At first I wasn't that interested at the program, but when I discovered the other Vipperloids (mainly Ritsu, Tei, and ****ing Miko YOU RUINED MY LIFE JK) and became fans of them, I wanted to make covers using them.

At first, I was pretty n00bish in using the program. But now that I'm more experienced in screwing around and more skilled in tuning and mixing, I consider that UTAU is deserving of being considered "subpar to Vocaloid".

And Miko is still my #1 bias up to this day. Y U SO MOE?