How did you find out about UTAU?

DreamyUTAUuser

Teto's Territory
I'm curious, perhaps I'm not the only one

I found out about UTAU when I was scrolling through YouTube and then noticed that Teto was an UTAU, so I looked up more about UTAU

how about you?

sodalitee

Teto's Territory
when i was around 8 years old, i stumbled across hatsune miku songs, as i think a lot of people here did. i never really understood what vocaloid or UTAU was at the time - i just liked the colorful characters and the music. i eventually stumbled across teto territory, and i immediately fell in love with teto's design. i was still unsure about who exactly she was, but she grew to be a big favorite. i knew that you could make the vocaloids 'sing', but i never knew how to, but i wanted to make songs with teto around then.

growing up, i eventually started to forget about teto and vocaloid in general - but in 2019, i made a friend who was really into vocaloid, and all of it suddenly came rushing back to me. i started to learn more and more about the program, how it worked, and after a lot of trial and error, here i am! i'm still a bit new to it and all, but it's still nice to have achieved something i've wanted to do since childhood!

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Warrior Cats Youtube animation memes circa 2009 included Triple Baka, which lead me down the vocalsynth rabbit hole and I never recovered.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

NordGeit

Your stubborn Yotsuba Channel frequenter. Direct.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay so Youtube's algorithm was just kinda like BRRR and gave me someone with their virtual avatar playing beatsaber
Been wanting VR for a while and I got hooked to Omotea vibing

So I trip over the Viva Happy video (And a Kizuna AI map which led me down the vtuber hole) and I was like "damn this boppin real hard like"
So here I was, slowly but surely sinking into separate japanese-themed holes, then the algorithm gives me this:

Minnemis (un)helpful UTAU guide, the UTAU offshoot of his Vocaloid guide
And the background music of choice was a Squidward UTAU singing Hate It! Hate It! Big Ego and the rest is history.

This all happened at the tail end of easter this year. Other than the Omotea part.

Listening to that Squidward cover, and it brings me back~

why am i feeling nostalgic for something I found 7 months ago

Got the VR btw and its fun