How do Add more pitches to my current utau?

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
I have a mono pitch bank his pitch is a3 I recorded 2 pitches
d4 and g3 but I don't know how to make this bank multipitch or prefix map it any help ?

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
Uhh, do you have the extra pitch folders in your UTAU's voice folder? (not the voice folder as a whole, but your UTAU's folder?) I can do the prefix map for you, and teach you how to make it if you PM me the bank?

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
Uhh, do you have the extra pitch folders in your UTAU's voice folder? (not the voice folder as a whole, but your UTAU's folder?) I can do the prefix map for you, and teach you how to make it if you PM me the bank?
Thank you so much I just have to finish the oto and I'll pm you ^_^

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'll tell you how to do it so you won't need someone else for this... If you plan on making multipitch banks in the long run, then this is something you need to know how to do independently.

1. For each additional pitch you make beyond the base pitch (lowest pitch), you need to alias them so they have a suffix unique to that pitch. For example. あ G3, あ C4, etc. You may also use plus sign, minus sign, arrows, etc.

2. Once everything is aliased with suffixes, you can go about determining where your pitches will be utilized by either...
a ) setting the suffix directly on the note created (G3) and repeating that same suffix up to C#4. On D4, you set the suffix made for your second pitch and have it be set as high as it will go (C7 is the highest note, I believe).
OR
b ) taking the base pitch, going up the scale, and listening for where it starts to strain. Where it starts straining, you set your first suffix in the prefix map a semitone or two below that (if it strains at A4, set the first suffix on F4 or G4). Set it the suffix as high as possible. Rinse and repeat this same process with the first suffix. Listen for the start of straining and set your second suffix a semitone or two below that straining up to C7.

Oh, and by the way, your current pitch scheme is too close together to make an impact on the range of your bank. You want at least 4 notes distance between each pitch for the best transitional impact. G3 to D4 is fine, but A3 and G3 are right next to one another on the piano.

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
I'll tell you how to do it so you won't need someone else for this... If you plan on making multipitch banks in the long run, then this is something you need to know how to do independently.

1. For each additional pitch you make beyond the base pitch (lowest pitch), you need to alias them so they have a suffix unique to that pitch. For example. あ G3, あ C4, etc. You may also use plus sign, minus sign, arrows, etc.

2. Once everything is aliased with suffixes, you can go about determining where your pitches will be utilized by either...
a ) setting the suffix directly on the note created (G3) and repeating that same suffix up to C#4. On D4, you set the suffix made for your second pitch and have it be set as high as it will go (C7 is the highest note, I believe).
OR
b ) taking the base pitch, going up the scale, and listening for where it starts to strain. Where it starts straining, you set your first suffix in the prefix map a semitone or two below that (if it strains at A4, set the first suffix on F4 or G4). Set it the suffix as high as possible. Rinse and repeat this same process with the first suffix. Listen for the start of straining and set your second suffix a semitone or two below that straining up to C7.

Oh, and by the way, your current pitch scheme is too close together to make an impact on the range of your bank. You want at least 4 notes distance between each pitch for the best transitional impact. G3 to D4 is fine, but A3 and G3 are right next to one another on the piano.
The G3 is a soft pitch it kinda sounds raspy kinda like vocal fry but not really does that make a difference?

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If it differs radically from the normally sung pitches, isn't part of a power scale where the volume increases (soft low notes, moderate volume middle notes, highest notes are belting), and doesn't create a clean transition, then you don't want that pitch to be automatically triggered via prefix map. You would suffix that note differently and manually set it in the ust for use (the suffix selector plugin (search youtube - it'll be the first video listed) is a fast way to do this, alternatively, you may also Shift + Right click on an individual selected note).

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
Omg this sounds complicated And here I am trying to make an easy to use bank lol

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
If it differs radically from the normally sung pitches, isn't part of a power scale where the volume increases (soft low notes, moderate volume middle notes, highest notes are belting), and doesn't create a clean transition, then you don't want that pitch to be automatically triggered via prefix map. You would suffix that note differently and manually set it in the ust for use (the suffix selector plugin (search youtube - it'll be the first video listed) is a fast way to do this, alternatively, you may also Shift + Right click on an individual selected note).
What confuses me the most is the prefix map I'm aliasing my banks with the pitches I just would understand the map

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The prefix map is as simple as the following picture (apologies for the quality as i'm on my tablet and not my phone or laptop)...

IMG_20151104_215000_1.jpg

All you're doing is setting the suffixes according to the best range for that given pitch. In this case, your suffixes will be A3 and D4 for the entirety of the prefix map (C1 up to C#4 will be set to A3. D4 up to B7 will be set to D4.) G3 will not be factored in and you'll need to trigger it by editing the ust by hand or using the plugin i mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
The prefix map is as simple as the following picture (apologies for the quality as i'm on my tablet and not my phone or laptop)...

View attachment 1632

All you're doing is setting the suffixes according to the best range for that given pitch. In this case, your suffixes will be A3 and D4 for the entirety of the prefix map (C1 up to C#4 will be set to A3. D4 up to B7 will be set to D4.) G3 will not be factored in and you'll need to trigger it by editing the ust by hand or using the plugin i mentioned earlier.
This makes more sense to me Thank you !
[doublepost=1446693382][/doublepost]But will I have to set the map up every time ? Or how do I save the settings to this bank

수연 <Suyeon>

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This makes more sense to me Thank you !
[doublepost=1446693382][/doublepost]But will I have to set the map up every time ? Or how do I save the settings to this bank
Once you set it, a file for the prefix map is automatically saved to your bank and you don't have to worry about it unless you make more pitches - in which case you'll need to edit it (i personally recommend trying to have enough pitch range for at least 2 octave coverage [in terms of logical range], but that's entirely up to you and your current voice range). Anyone you give the bank to will also have your bank's settings. Don't forget to suffix G3 if you haven't (or else you won't be able to set it manually in a ust).

Last edited: