How do I make vowels sound smoother? (CV)

Seija-tachi

Ruko's Ruffians
Hey there.

I'm trying to record a few CV banks, but I keep getting this REALLY annoying recurring problem.

If you can hear it (which it should be obvious), on all of the vowel sounds they're really obnoxious and stick out. They don't blend together at all. I clear Preutterance, Overlap and STP, and I set Modulation to 0 (zero). I also use crossfade and I fix all of the envelopes, yet the vowels still stick out. I can't make any good covers because they sound so awful.

Is there anyway to fix this? Is it because of the oto, maybe? I think whenever I was cropping it, there wasn't enough blank space at the beginning or something?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
have two vowels. Like "- a" and a "a"

a simple way to do this is to set the regular vowel to an overlap of 85 and a preutterance of 120 within the vowel. and "- vowel" to be the same as you would do in a VCV bank for starting phrases.

Inkyuma

Teto's Territory
you may have set the overlap wrongly in the oto itself. try moving it around and experimenting on one of the notes and see if that helps. if the overlap is too far back you may get that stop-start effect you have.

also, check that there is absolutely NO silence before the sound starts playing in the oto