How do I use breath samples?

MoaHarbour

Momo's Minion
I am very new to utau, I am currently using Deiji Makotone and she is singing in english. When I look in her files I see breath samples, how do I use these?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
End breaths are attached to specific vowels and can be added as notes in the UST. You can add them to the very end of a line of lyrics. I recommend only using them for a few lines, instead of adding them to every line.

Standalone inhale sounds should not be used in UTAU. Finish tuning the vocals and export them from UTAU. When mixing the vocals with the instrumental, you can also import the breath audio files and line them up with the vocals. Inhales usually go right before a line of lyrics start. For reference, try singing the song yourself and noting when you need to breathe.

Reactions: MoaHarbour

MoaHarbour

Momo's Minion
End breaths are attached to specific vowels and can be added as notes in the UST. You can add them to the very end of a line of lyrics. I recommend only using them for a few lines, instead of adding them to every line.

Standalone inhale sounds should not be used in UTAU. Finish tuning the vocals and export them from UTAU. When mixing the vocals with the instrumental, you can also import the breath audio files and line them up with the vocals. Inhales usually go right before a line of lyrics start. For reference, try singing the song yourself and noting when you need to breathe.
Thanks for the advice!