How do you feel about designing an Utau... using cosplay.

Madam Meisaki

Certified Nohrian Scum
Defender of Defoko
What if, to create a design, you created a cosplay costume for it?
Since some people (cough, me, cough) are poor with art, I thought of something that might be an alternative, albeit a limited one. I only realized after designing my first Utau that I accidentally dyed my hair the same colour as his. That made me think though: what if I just cosplayed my Utau?
I figured, no, thats not acceptable in the community but... now I think it might be a lot easier on me and fun!
What do you guys think?
No, Im not talking about dressing up in a wig similar to your utaus and putting on a Miku costume, I mean full out costume creation.

JAY

Tea Enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I think that's a really cool thing to do! I know I have a character I started as a cosplay that I may wanna make into an UTAU~ Cosplay is my shit dude

Reactions: Madam Meisaki

Madam Meisaki

Certified Nohrian Scum
Defender of Defoko
I think that's a really cool thing to do! I know I have a character I started as a cosplay that I may wanna make into an UTAU~ Cosplay is my shit dude
I love cosplaying :D I just cant believe nobody's really done this! I thought for a long time it was just not accepted tbh and that only art was

Reactions: JAY

Katsumi

Ugly Grunge Boy
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm thinking of doing this with the bank I'm gonna make. Take my old homecoming dress to cosplay her and just make it more extravagant if I get someone to draw her.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Certainly sounds fun - albeit possibly expensive if it's the kind of outfit that will require custom fitting/tailoring if you don't sew. There's also the risk of looking generic or kind of mundane if you use actual cosplay clothing from online/costume shops or regular clothing that can be gotten from your closet. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of this myself one day.

Last edited:

Yue Koromo (挙母越)

Teto's Territory
It would be difficult for me, personally, because my UTAU has aspects of Shironuri and Lolita fashion, and her main influence is a Model named MINORI.

Some costumers would be extremely expensive, and have to be hand-made.

slashhearts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
that sounds really cool! i, too, am lacking in art, but i like this alternative! i'm super excited for you if you do go through with it!!

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
That does sound really awesome...! Definitely sounds pretty creative, since I'd say most people draw it on paper. If it works for you, go ahead! There's no one way to do something, especially when it comes to designing >=<

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ayy, I might do this cause I used to be super into clothes making and I have gotten pretty good at making things so I might do this :D