How do you figure out what to type in to produce the sounds you need

Vici

Momo's Minion
Hi! I'm incredibly new to the UTAU game, and I have already hit a wall.

How do you know the proper inputs for certain sounds? I'm trying to use Kuro Bosuku's Voicebank (Star Cluster-http://utau.wiki/utau:kurobousuku), and I fiddled around with the romanji converter, but i'm still trying to figure out what input gives what sound. Should I try a different UTAU until I know how to navigate better? Is there something I'm missing?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
That voicebank is described as CVVC, so your UST will need to be in a CVVC format. You can either do this with the autoCVVC plugin, which will edit the notes in the UST, or with presamp, which will automatically handle the conversion when you play the UST without having to make any edits.
Alternatively, you can use just the CV portion of the voicebank, where you will need to input lyrics as hiragana.
A voicebank with multiple expressions will typically use suffixes to differentiate between them. See if there's any documentation, such as a website or readme.txt file, that explains which suffixes to use. Then you would type the suffix after each individual note lyric that you want to use a certain expression.
Something like this: [か] [え] [る] [の] [う] [た] [が]
Might become like this: [か強] [え強] [る強] [の強] [う強] [た強] [が強]